Author Topic: I Pulled the trigger! 1997 LP Standard Bass LPB-3 Is coming home from Japan  (Read 328 times)

Deathshead

• View Profile
Howdy folks! Long time no see!.

I'm currently looking for an early 92-97 LP Standard bass in Cherry SB or Ebony, (no tobacco sb.)
I love these boat anchors.
Anyone looking to possibly sell or have a line on a nice one?
              Thanks!

Howdy again,
Got a little impatient with money burning a hole in my pocket and these aren't getting any cheaper. Ishibashi had this one.
 A few dings here and there but the burst on this one just looks gorgeous vs a lot of clownbursts that are out there. Just look at it, lol
Now you watch, this happens every time. 50 of them will come up for sale for cheaper money. lol!
 So happy to finally be in a position to get another one of these great sounding basses.
ejgucxl7fxradkq0vfm2" border="0
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 04:25:04 PM by Deathshead »

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: Wanted: Les Paul Standard Bass LPB-3 92-97
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 06:53:28 PM »
There's an interesting one in Cherry on Reverb loaded with Alembic pickups.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Deathshead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 08:22:53 PM »
Hey there! . I saw that one but it appears to be pretty heavily modded
Those years didn't come with a 3 way switch.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 08:16:11 AM »
I think you're talking about the burst one with the three point. There's another one with no toggle and no burst either. It's just all red with a little flame in the top. He has the original pickups and wiring saved too.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Deathshead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 07:35:41 PM »
Ahh yes the red premium plus top currently on reverb!
That bass is REALLY cool. I'm guessing those alembic pickups are worth a fortune.   If that was cherry sunburst it would be here right now especially with the premium plus top. But this time I'm being super picky in order to get that one that just speaks to me and I'll actually keep.  Since I sold my last LP bass way bass I have settled for probably another 75+ basses and ended up selling or trading as they just weren't what I was chasing. 

It always goes the same wat whether it being searching for a car, motorcycle bass etc.. whe. You have the money in your hands nothing is on the market , as soon as you settle 100 awesome deals pop up.

If I already had another lpb-3 I would have snatched that one right tho!