Author Topic: And the little Aguilar rig is done  (Read 397 times)

morrow

• View Profile
And the little Aguilar rig is done
« on: July 24, 2023, 08:22:10 AM »

I picked up an Aguilar SL112 cab some time ago , they’re voiced quite differently from their earlier cabs , with quite a prominent mid range. My plan was just to use it at home. And I started hankering for a little ToneHammer head for it. There are no stocking dealers in town , and I was after a lightly used one. I thought it might even involve finding one in the US and dealing with the exchange and duties and whatnot. This would be my home practice rig , we spend much of our days looking after my wife’s mom , I have a nice little amp there for practice.
I eventually found one for a good price in Pennsylvania , and was willing to add up the exchange shipping and duties. It sat in Customs for about a week , and then slowly meandered down to Nova Scotia. I kept it at the in-laws for a while plugged into my tiny Phil Jones cab there , and quite like the head. So now it’s home and paired with the Aguilar cab. It’s a fine little rig! I seem to oscillate between giving the mids a good scoop and cantering things. I’m getting to know it , and am happy to have picked it up.