Author Topic: Easy come, easy go  (Read 1406 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Easy come, easy go
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:56:55 AM »
Animal with an anus that comes and goes could reveal how ours evolved

"transient anus" -- it has possibilities as a band name.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Easy come, easy go
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 09:20:07 AM »
From the article: “That is the really spectacular finding here...”

Interesting what qualifies as spectacular.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 09:25:03 AM »
An anus that comes AND goes? So far we have only had vocal advocates of the former in this forum, I await further developments with bated breath.

Biologically speaking, I'm surprised that the scientists are surprised, how else could an anus develop other than via an amoebous digestive surrounding morphing into a gastrointestinal tract which needs a more stable, permanent, yet sealable exit?  ??? Alas!, I always thought it was a bad idea that the US of A did not teach its children proper evolution.

We need some Creationists here to liven things up!  8)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:56:50 AM »
An anus that comes AND goes? So far we have only had vocal advocates of the former in this forum, I await further developments with bated breath.

Biologically speaking, I'm surprised that the scientists are surprised, how else could an anus develop other than via an amoebous digestive surrounding morphing into a gastrointestinal tract which needs a more stable, permanent, yet sealable exit?  ??? Alas!, I always thought it was a bad idea that the US of A did not teach its children proper evolution.

We need some Creationists here to liven things up!  8)

I don't believe in young earth creationism, but I do believe in some kind of old earth creationism.  It isn't something, though, that has mattered to me much one way or another and I've never delved into it much.  What should be clear to anyone who accepts even the basics of science, however, is that the earth is 4.5 billion years old.  Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is free to do so, but is wasting his breath and everyone else's time. 

It doesn't matter to me how people believe on something like that.  In real life, I tend to get along better with people who don't think the same way I do.  Being with people who think and act like me is actually kind of boring a lot of the time. 

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:53:56 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »
I'm a benign agnostic - I'm fine if God exists, but won't despair if not -, but I never understood why evolution should rule out his/her existence. You can trace things back as far as you like, you always end up with the same question: who/what turned the ignition key? Evolution can be a tool or a system of creation, there is nothing faith-threatening or -excluding about it. Even the Catholic Church eventually realized that.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:15:31 PM »
Even Pat Robertson says he believes in what I believe he calls progressive theistic evolution.  Plus, he outright says that young earth creationism is a joke and people (like Ken Ham) need to get real. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
Back to the original subject, I sent the link to a local buddy. His response: "I've known women like that. You ask them if they're into anal, and suddenly their anus disappears."  :o

In other anatomical news: Billionaire dies during Paris penis enlargement operation. Pretty sad being that vain. With his wealth, you'd think he could just find a tighter vagina.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »
I used to be in a band with an anus that came and went.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »
Did it Sing?
Louder bass!.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 05:20:32 PM »
Did it Sing?