Main Forums > The Bass Zone

One lucky guy

<< < (2/4) > >>

bassilisk:
Yeah, at this point I too have to maintain that balance. That was one reason I went and fixed up that G&L rather than go for something "new". The space was already taken up so technically I didn't add anything.

I have an '86 XL-2 that I picked up in 2004 (when they were still affordable) and had Peekamoose do a restoration
(refret, headpiece reset and new pickups run passive). Still plays like new.

In 2011 I picked up an '88 XM-2, really nice shape. The original owner had mounted an EMG boost switch that I didn't care for so since the extra hole was already there I went ahead and put in an EMG pre with variable mid. This thing is like an angry piano all day. They really don't need much EQ.

Congrats! Love them Steiners!

Dave W:
See, here's where you can use Leo Fender's genius to your advantage. Buy two Fender basses. Let her see you swapping necks. After that, you can keep sneaking in new Fenders and tell her you're just swapping parts between your existing basses.

Grog:
I tried the "One In - One Out" thing a few years back. One went out, but about eight snuck in! Now I'm trying to put the breaks on it completely. Congrats on the new Steiny!

bassilisk:

--- Quote from: Dave W on June 13, 2017, 07:10:21 PM ---See, here's where you can use Leo Fender's genius to your advantage. Buy two Fender basses. Let her see you swapping necks. After that, you can keep sneaking in new Fenders and tell her you're just swapping parts between your existing basses.
--- End quote ---

She's gotten pretty crafty over the years so my success at sneaking in anything new is severely abbreviated, especially since I've pretty much hit my limit on Fender's. My Fender GAS is in remission. I have what I need and at this point she knows them all by sight.

Having said that, I will add that the upcoming Epiphone Embassy is extremely tantalizing, especially at $400.
I will have to mount a sale for one of those.....

Aussie Mark:
I clicked on this expecting the thread to be about a former Dudepit member!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version