Author Topic: Non-reverse T-bird  (Read 2755 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Non-reverse T-bird
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 03:19:55 PM »

Yeah, that could get a little out of hand!
My BaCH sounds Sooooo good with that pup tho  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 05:10:47 PM »
Have you posted pics of the Bach since the retrofit Mark?  I'd love to see it with the mod.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

Have you posted pics of the Bach since the retrofit Mark?  I'd love to see it with the mod.

Not yet, I'm waiting on a pickguard from Paul Chandler which should be back in a week or so. It should look nice in an understated classic way - I wanted to post some in process pics of it as a short project at the same time.  :)   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 12:47:41 AM »
Iome, you have mail.

I came up with these measuremnts with help from George, OldmanC, and others - I think it is fairly accurate.  One thing to consider is that as this is drawn the reach to the nut is long - it was for me and I'm 6'1" with long arms.  You may consider moving the neck pocket back, maybe 5mm, towards the rear and moving the pickups on bridge spacing by that amount as well - this would help the reach to the first fret.

Thanks alot L.Y. and don't worry about the imperial measurement, it's not your fault the Queen left you them... at least you drive on the right side of the road  ;D . I agree with you about moving the neck, pickups and bridge a little back, i'm doing that on the reverse Fbird i'm building now. It seemes like Gibson always leave a lot of space behind the bridges on their basses.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 06:57:29 AM »
It seemes like Gibson always leave a lot of space behind the bridges on their basses.

Take a look at an EB-0L or 3L sometime.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
Yup, there the bridges almost fall off the butt of the bass. Obviously, the SG shape wasn't intended for bass, much less for a longscale one.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:12:06 AM »
i know, it's just that tbirds really got some space back there. I love the EbL's for being so short.