Author Topic: Bing video  (Read 868 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Bing video
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:40:56 PM »
Microsoft just changed its Live search, it's now called Bing.

The video page is pretty neat. Unlike Google, you can play the videos by just mousing over them instead of having to click and enlarge each one separately to see if you want to watch the whole thing. For example, here's Gibson SG, steel guitar rag.

No, I don't expect them to catch Google, still it's a cool feature.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Bing video
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
I miss Bing!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
Red sails in the sunset...  8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 04:18:06 PM »
Ken, you should search it for bagpipe music.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 05:48:52 AM »
Used to have the original Bing on 78...

This will have to do...

... and love the skirl of the pipes...

This was filmed (not by me - only a loony goes to Stornoway during Ceilidh - monstrously overbooked) on the ferry (MV Leodhais/Lewis - a tub of a vessel that looks at a ripple on the sea and stays in dock) I usually catch to get to the Island, but when I looked up for this I found a posting for the old ferry (MV Suilven - tough as old boots) that went down to Wellington when she was sold, now operating out of Fiji...

I've been on a couple of crossings like this... when she was new we had to make a winter crossing (2nd January 1974) for my gran's funeral - we got stuck in Ulapool (mainland port) overnight waiting for a force 10 to abate... at around 5AM she sailed into the teeth of a force 9... once in open water she listed hard to port and stayed that way until we reached Stornoway... black on one side and grey on the other windows... it was not possible to open any door on the starboard side - almost all the way was like that video... bow disappearing beneath the waves (like you see in those Russian Convoy videos) and the engine racing as the props emerged from the sea - unbelievable... the crossing usually took 210 minutes - that trip took 315 minutes... closest I've ever been to being travel sick...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...