Author Topic: EB 1 reuissue on the bay  (Read 3745 times)

rockinrayduke

Re: EB 1 reuissue on the bay
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »
The EB-1 is one of those basses I've admired for years that would probably disappoint the hell out of me if I played one. But like a TB they're an acquired taste.

As far as the one JB used in the reunion concerts, it sounded just as sickly and weak as he looked. IMHO of course. And Hartke VX cabs?? (And Hartke in general?) Puhleeze.

And I do own some Hartke gear.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
Hartkes only sound good if you're wearing a mullet.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 07:15:45 PM »
Good luck with your move!  If you need help laying out a "music room from hell" let me know!  I have some background experience there...  :)

I may have to take you up on that offer Joe! I'm maybe 2 miles away from your house now. We'll have to get together for a beer (or several :mrgreen:) soon and you can give me some tips!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 04:37:51 AM »
What's the story on this?

He writes that he felt good about the RAH concerts even though he was sick with flu, but that doing it for Ginger's and Jack's pensions made him feel better and that it was a worthy closure of the Cream chapter which was always unfinished for him. But he regrets being talked into the US concerts ("if only we had stopped then" - meaning after RAH), because by then Ginger's and Jack's sour relationship had reared its ugly head again and the band was underrehearsed.

I don't think Bruce's bass sound was feeble at all with the Cream reunion concerts, it was lyrical (as it should be). Bruce has never had a fat or domineering bass sound. He doesn't play that way and his often introspective bass playing wouldn't go well together at all with a very full sound. It's just like Baker's drums don't sound "phat" by modern standards either, nor should they.  Baker's drumming is like an animated intellectual conversation with the other instruments, I'd hate to hear it clad in the "crash, bang, wallop"-armored drum sound so en vogue at live concerts today.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...