Author Topic: The jackass brays  (Read 5680 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
The jackass brays
« on: August 01, 2015, 07:12:42 AM »
Dear Abby famously said that just because a jackass brays, doesn't mean you have to listen.

Case in point: Ted Nugent Expresses Support For Man Who Killed Lion

Go figure.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: The jackass brays
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »

Ted = Bombast  :rolleyes:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 10:58:07 AM »
The lion killing pisses me off on so many different levels I have no idea where to start!  Ted's just flat wrong on this - freakin' idiot!

Most of what passes for hunting anymore is just farming.  Feed the game all year long, set up you blind, use a range finder to get your distance to feeder, go back to the gun range and and dial your scope in to the knats ass, return in hunting season and settle into you blind and wait for Bambi to come for breakfast then, bang, you harvest your animal.

Trophy hunting is even worse - kill an animal to say you "hunted" it and turn it into a mount  >:(  There many outifits here Texas where you can pick out your deer, or any host of exotic animals, in advance, show up at the ranch - replete with six to eight foot fencing, have a fancy catered meal, shoot your trophy and fly home.  All for 5 -10K >:( 

This douche bag dentist ought to be sent back to Africa and have 100 lbs. of raw meat tied to his neck, be stripped naked, no shoes,  given a flint blade and be dumped in the preserve his "guides" lured this lion out of.  Somehow I'm thinking the lions might win the day.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:37:36 PM »
i wish someone would hang some meat on nugent. worst of all is ted's influence on the adle brained bumpkins of this country who can't think for themselves. owning guns and shooting stuff does not make you a man little redneck.

bye the bye aren't you thrilled that nugent lives in texas now. >:( :sad: :rolleyes:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 02:41:54 PM »
This is a reflection on trophy hunting in general... if it is for the trophy, where do you stop...? When does it become wrong to hunt...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 07:18:41 PM »
Hunt to feed your family when your kids are going hungry - hell yes!  Spend 1-2K per gun to lease some farmer or rancher's land for the season, make a dozen trips, many times over a 1000 miles round trip, to maintain your feeders and salt licks (BAIT) haul your $20,000.00 camper up for the season etc - no, not me.  I used to duck hunt with my brother when I was kid, I loved it but it was hunting not farming - but seriously, wild duck tastes like ass - we never found a way to cook it we liked.  So, no more duck hunting for me or any hunting for that matter.  The guys that hunt like I mentioned above probably spend well over $200 per pound of meat at a minimum.  For that kind of money I think I could buy some Kobe beef.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
In this case, Ted Nugent is just making even more of a spectacle of himself than usual.  Of course, I don't keep up with him much, but defending that dentist is really unbelievable.  If they ever make another version of this movie, Ted Nugent would be perfect in the role of the crazed hunter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054691/

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
... For that kind of money I think I could buy some Kobe beef.

I would never object to hunter/gatherer for food... as for the Kobe, I'll pass and buy a rare Malt... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 04:04:52 AM »
I knew there would be some Ted response to this, and it is pretty much what I expected. Freakin' asshat >:(.
Trophy hunting is so very wrong. I don't even want to get started on this subject because I'll never shut up. It's just WRONG!
Rick

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »
Was the dentist convicted of a crime?  Did I miss something?  Or is social media and public opinion replacing legal process around the world?  That's what perplexes me.

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 09:58:51 AM »
They want to take him back to Africa for trial. They are very progressive from a conservation stance, which is good. I have no idea where they are at with their legal system . One thing for sure, it ain't the good ole' USA. I would not want to gain any first hand knowledge of their penal system. Got a feeling it could get a little brutal :o.
Rick

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »
the dentist only did this thing last week so he has been convicted of nothing so far. the authoraties can't even find him now, but an african prison sounds just the place for him.

but he did indeed commit a crime.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 10:18:37 AM »
They want to take him back to Africa for trial. They are very progressive from a conservation stance, which is good. I have no idea where they are at with their legal system . One thing for sure, it ain't the good ole' USA. I would not want to gain any first hand knowledge of their penal system. Got a feeling it could get a little brutal :o.
Rick

Evidently he did.  The "guides" lured the lion off of a protected preserve so that their "client" could take his trophy.  The claims that he didn't know that the animal was protected - BS - I mean sure the plastic tag in his ear and the radio collar sent no kind of indication that his kill didn't pass the "smell test"  Read up on the how the animal was killed and how long this idiot left him alive - truly barbaric!  Hunting for food - most especially legally I'm OK with though not my bag - this crap is just beyond the pale >:(

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »
It does appear from news reports that even setting aside the fact that the lion was lured out of protected territory - which is a common trophy hunting technique and regrettably legal - that no lion permits were issued, so the hunt itself was illegal.

I could find an excuse for trophy hunting in the 1800's and perhaps a decade or two into the 1900's when we (humanity) had a different societal sense of ethics and when we didn't understand the potential for extinction of various species. But for the past 50+ years, I cannot find an excuse for trophy hunting, much less any justification.

I personally know some people for whom an elk or deer hunt is part of their annual food budget, and who don't waste the animal they kill.  Elk in particular are overrunning some mountain towns in Colorado and there no species survival issue with hunting them.  However, a year or two ago, a moron constable in one mountain town shot an beloved elk which was essentially a town resident and was justly prosecuted for doing so. 

It is undeniable that some percentage of the population are self-centered idiots who care only about that they want, and who totally disregard the people and society around them.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:25:21 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 01:08:04 PM »
I frankly don't believe early news reports as so many of them end up rife with errors once an investigation is completed.  I don't hunt at all myself and it is a loss for the people of Zimbabwe.  I don't get the trophy hunting, but I don't get a lot if things folks do.  However, it appears to be legal and part of conservation in some parts of the world.  I can accept that.

However, the swiftness of condemnation, death threats, public demands for incarceration based on news reports baffles me.  Arrest him or extradite him, sure.  I'm more concerned about the mob mentally we humans are displaying.  I'm in favor of due process in every case and really don't give a rip for what the Twitterverse or Ted Nugent thinks of an event.  Innocent until proven guilty is dead and we all pay a price when that's gone.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!