Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

KISS Bass

(1/3) > >>

chromium:
Did you KISS fans notice this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMBAT-JAPAN-REPLICA-OF-EARLY-KISS-GENE-SIMMONS-BASS_W0QQitemZ180213612200QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know much about KISS, nor the bass that this is patterened after, but I have seen Combat basses on the block before - a couple of Ampeg Scroll copies that looked pretty high end (with prices to match).

Interesting bass.  All maple construction with mudbucker?  I wonder if it would sound similar to Uwe's single cutaway Ripper prototype?

marcnorth:
I saw that one, I think it's cool. If it were short or medium scale I would buy it.

Dave W:
Uwe paid less than that for his genuine Gene Simmons Punisher Bass. Personally signed by Gene.

I don't know how close this is to what it claims to be replicating since I hardly paid any attention to them back in the day. Even if the one-of-a-kind claim is correct, it sure seems high for an unauthorized replica.

OldManC:
Dave, you're right. And while it may or may not be a quality instrument, it's not even a replica, but a similar copy at best. I know you have to be a KISS nerd to even pick up on that, but there ya go! 

HornetAMX:
Isn't that a copy of his modified Charlie Lobue bass?  He got the original one back in '73 or so and used it on the first 3 records.  Not sure if he had a replica of his original Lobue built or modified the original one to look like this one looks.  Uwe may know the answer! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version