Author Topic: She's GONE!  (Read 3634 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
She's GONE!
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »
To a good home :mrgreen:  She, being my Fiesta Red NR Fenderbird, to Mr. Ray Duke ;D

We're listing our house for sale next week and, hopefully, will be moving soon.  We'll be renting an aprtment while the new place is built and I have too much crap to store anyway - so just I shipped Ms. Red to a good home where she'll get plenty of love and attention. ;)

I have all the jigs and templates so I feel certain I'll be building another one in the future.

Most importantly I'm glad that my baby went to an Outposter - what do we call ourselves anyway?  ???

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: She's GONE!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
It's good it stays in the 'family'. And you'll have new basses sooner than you think...;)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:04:47 PM »

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
some times it is hard to say goodbye to a fav bass, and some times it is hard to say goodbye to an early influence like carl radle.

i decided to live forever so ya gotta put up wid me for a whole long time!!!
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »

Most importantly I'm glad that my baby went to an Outposter - what do we call ourselves anyway?  ???

Outposter sounds better than Outpatient.  :)

It's always good to see it go to someone we know. Good deal.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 11:38:10 PM »
 Man! Sorry I missed that.....I can't recall if you've posted a pic of it.......Please  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 07:08:46 AM »
Man! Sorry I missed that.....I can't recall if you've posted a pic of it.......Please  ;)

I didn't post it for sale.  Several months ago Ray made mention in a post that he would like one and was thinking of buying something for a project or having one built - or something to that regard.  I shot him a PM and told him that mine was available if he was interested.  I knew we would be moving and that I was going to have store a bunch of stuff - Ray wanted the bird, and I new that he put it to good use, so voila' - back channel deal ;D 

This is an at cost deal - my profit came from the experience of the build and fun of playing it.  I'm perfectly happy that I covered my cost and that it stays in the "family".  8)  I'm sure I could have of made a small profit on Ebay - to me it's not worth it - if there is a probelm we can handle it ourselves - no one gets burned on a deal like this. ;)

Mark, you've got mail - I sent you a couple of pics to your Yahoo addy.  I don't have a photo sharing account set up yet and if I wake up Mrs. Lightyear on Mother's Day to use her's I won't be heard from again :o  I posted pics on the old pit when I finished the project.   
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:15:22 PM by lightyear »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »

Here's the Bird!  I didn't recall it.........Wow! Lookin' sharp, gorgeous bass.
Ray has all the luck  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

rockinrayduke

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »
I've been lusting after this for months! And now it's mine! MINE!!  :mrgreen: Between this and the Bachbird I'll have the NR itch scratched for a while, thanks to Buzz. Looking forward to the brown truck-

Tim Armstrong

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 01:57:13 PM »
Ooh, that's a profoundly sweet-looking bass!!!  Congrats!!!

Cheers, Tim

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »
I remember that bass now!

Great looking bass & congrats, just don't put it on a stand next to the green G&L!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 04:37:36 AM »
Nice bass!!!! (but get some chrome covers!;) )