Author Topic: slot head tuners  (Read 1563 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
slot head tuners
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »
Josh at HipShot said he is going to call me back tomorrow about slot head tuners for basses. I pointed out all they would have to do is lengthen one part of an already existing product. He likes the idea, especially after I told him Stewmac sells them and pointed out a few manufactuers that make them. (that seemed to perk his ears up a bit)
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

sniper

• View Profile
Re: slot head tuners
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »
Josh at Hipshot can and will make slot head tuners for us by special order only. which means they are not going into production. i have to get some measurements for him but i think i can get what i need from Curtis as i sold him a set last month.

if you need a set just call Hipshot and ask for Josh.

Curtis is at a music fest!!! i need some measurements from a slot head bass please
i need two measurements. one from the body mounting face (where the body of the tuner is against the wood) to the end of the string post and one from the body mounting surface to the center of the hole in the string post.

can someone help me please???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:17:11 AM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
You might try contacting Jules.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
good idea. i just left a message and an e-mail for Bruce Johnson. he is building a slothead neck for Curtis Novak and i am the one who sold Curtis his slothead tuners last month. if i can't get any action from Bruce i will contact Jules. thanks Dave.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:56:39 AM »
If it's special order from Hipshot, it can't be cheap!!!  :o
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
i think i will wait until those Titan type tuners come in before making any decisions. there are almost as many machine shops around here as there are pump jacks and Rick Penta is sending me enough extra Maho to thicken the headstock. i just need those measurements. i sent Jules a PM Dave. thanks for the idea.

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
sold my white eb3 to fur85.  i can't help,  sorry
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
thanks for thinking of me though

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
i have the problem solved. i sent Curt N to Bruce Johnson to have a head made for his broken slot head as well as selling Curt a set of slothead tuners. just got off the phone with Bruce and he will modify a set of HS ultralites for use in a slot head using Curts tuners for the measurements and he will get me the info on a tracing of a slothead.

now, just saving the bucks to do all this is my problem but i think i can swing it all next month.  ;D