Author Topic: Eastwood Stormbird Bass  (Read 894 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Eastwood Stormbird Bass
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:03:57 AM »
This bass has only been mentioned once on this forum, back in 2012.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/index.php/eastwood-guitars/eastwood-bass/item/stormbird-bass

With all the discussion of T-Bird variants, I thought I'd bring this up again.  Looks pretty nice!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Eastwood Stormbird Bass
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »
Has anyone played one of these yet? I've never seen the bass or guitar version of this in any stores here. I have seen a couple of their guitars locally. Seemed nice enough for the $$.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:53:35 PM »
Every Eastwood I've seen has been well made. Haven't played many though and I haven't seen one of these.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
 For that kind of dough I'd buy a Bach, or Epi's new Thunderbird and live with the limited upper register access.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »

I almost bought a Stormbird 6-string a while back but decided not to when I found out it was poplar or basswood and maple or something like that.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:51:44 PM »
I don't think the headstock is as goofy as the decal's font...but overall, that's a decent looking bass to me.  I like the non-reverse models, partly because they look like they'll balance better.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."