Author Topic: The FDP is closing  (Read 3604 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: The FDP is closing
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »
IMHO every element has some effect on tone, however small.

Dave is really faltering. EVERY element?

It pains me. It really does. What were once held to be eternal truths ...

Finish does not influences sound.

PS: That theory negating the well-established origins of TV yellow is gonna cave in pretty soon too, you just watch this space ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 02:50:43 PM »
^^^

Picky, picky, picky!

No, I haven't changed my opinion. We were talking about construction elements.

Re "TV Yellow" -- which was never the name of the finish: The Cisco Kid TV series (1950-56) was filmed entirely in color even though only 1% of households had a color TV by the time it ended its run. No other TV series was filmed in color at that time. Thanks to YouTube, you can see those episodes in color. You ought to watch an episode and tell me how many people you see wearing yellow in order to appear white on black-and-white TVs.  :P 

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 03:04:28 PM »
Totally loved the Cisco Kid TV show as a child.  My family went on a trip to El Paso on into Juarez, Mexico for a while when I was six.  I actually remember some of that.  But they said I was deeply disappointed I never got to see the Cisco Kid in person. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2020, 10:15:23 AM »
Moe's Tavern 2.0, started by Mfitz804, is where the FDP faithful have gone. I see that he made Chris Greene one of the moderators, though. I wish them well, but I won't be joining.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2020, 12:12:26 PM »
Moe's Tavern 2.0, started by Mfitz804, is where the FDP faithful have gone. I see that he made Chris Greene one of the moderators, though. I wish them well, but I won't be joining.

Nice to know. I won't be joining either. Being banned for a rational comment once was enough.

As fate would have it, I just watched a DVR capture of a Cisco Kid yesterday. It was an early program captured in 16MM (later they went to 35MM) and suffered considerably from the kinescope capture process, to the point where it made standard def VHS captures look crisp. There were reasonable colors in the medium shots, but the trim on Cisco's suit looked white to me. Very fuzzy and hard to make out much detail other than in close-ups.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:18:33 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 06:16:29 PM »
^^^what he said.   

I stopped by.   Some of it hasn't changed, but parts of it has.   We're still debating Ginger vs. Mary Ann.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty