Author Topic: Jessica and Ashlee Simpson -- vocal duet  (Read 643 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Jessica and Ashlee Simpson -- vocal duet
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »
Not really -- these two seem to stay on key better.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Jessica and Ashlee Simpson -- vocal duet
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
I saw Jessica at the Pepsi Center in Denver last Saturday - she was the opening act for Rascal Flatts, one of my wife's favorite groups. Jessica can actually sing, but her outfit (5" heels, cut-off jeans and a double-layer bloused thing that looked like a fancy sweatshirt) channeled Daisy Duke as a hooker.  She needs a new wardrobe consultant.  At least she has nice legs.

Gotta say that Rascal Flatts sounded good, and they are impressive instrumentalists.  I don't know their work at all (other than Life is a Highway - the only thing they did that I recognized) but they had good, solid sound and put on a great show.  Their bass guy also played keyboards and guitar, and he used three Jazz basses - red, white and blue - and changed them constantly.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »
I love Ashlee. But it's just this thing I have with trashy girls (with t-bird or not).

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »
In the video, you see the reason our band is strictly instrumental.  I'm the one on the right.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rocker949

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »
I love Ashlee. But it's just this thing I have with trashy girls (with t-bird or not).

Then I must refer you to "Trashy Women" by Confederate Railroad.