Author Topic: Bachbird Artec pickup modification?  (Read 899 times)

Johnbob

• View Profile
Bachbird Artec pickup modification?
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »
So I know Rob and maybe some others have taken the Bachbird Artec pickup and filed the corners and covered it with the greatdealz covers but I was wondering if anyone has successfully removed the actual Artec chrome/plastic cover? I think that would be better probably for the sound and so that way you might be able to actually use the mounting screw holes on the greatdealz cover to install the pickup. For all you guys that have swapped out the Artec pickups for better pickups and have the Artec pickup laying around and not being used, is this something you would be interested in experimenting with?

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Bachbird Artec pickup modification?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »

Hey Johnbob,

I will be roming the Artec from my cherry TH-1 sometime in the next month as part of its upgrade, I'll keep you posted when I do as I'll likely just want to get rid of it....... :)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:41:05 PM »
Cool, yes, please let me know.

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:32:39 AM »
see my comments on the other artec site

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=3932.0
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC