Author Topic: The price of fame  (Read 9550 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: The price of fame
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 08:48:47 AM »
Guess I shouldn't be surprised that a lot of us are on the same page regarding sports. I was never much of a sports guy. When I was a kid, it was all about cars. Then when I got my first bass at age 13, music became all consuming. I do watch hockey (cause we have a great team!) casually, and auto racing that involves turning left AND right (though the open wheel F1/Indy cars get a little boring). That's about it for me!

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
no sports for me either.  Always been a "band geek"

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
[Oz-speak] Strewth, sport... chuck us over another tinnie whilst you've got the esky open... [/Oz-speak]
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »
I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes  ;)
Makes me miss Joan Rivers. Now if there was a Joan Rivers bass for sale, that would get my attention. Probably would be a better investment over time than the Sheryl Crow bass too.
May the Schwartz be with you!

Yikes! Sheryl Crow in her worst nightmares could never be as tasteless and unfunny as Joan Rivers (IMHO of course).

Back on topic: the EB-2 in question  has been on extended tour with Sheryl Crow and has been on stage with Clapton. Not worth a penny more to me, but it will be to somebody.

JZumbro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »
I think one thing that has always bothered me the most about it is that famous musicians tend to put an instrument through more use than might be considered typical.  If it's one of their favorite instruments, it has been through a lot.  Some of these people are on the road almost the whole year.  I'd prefer a new musical instrument or one that has barely been played.

On the other hand while they may be worn and even beat up looking they are kept in top playing shape by professional techs.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
On the other hand while they may be worn and even beat up looking they are kept in top playing shape by professional techs.

Nevertheless, unless it's somebody super famous who I am a devoted fan of, something like that is still probably not going to appeal to me much personally.  But I'm the guy more likely to make a fool out of himself by asking for a celebrity's autograph while my friends might be embarrassed and trying to act like they don't know me. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 08:08:04 AM »
Does Sheryl wash hands a lot? Just wondrin'. And if they add her bike saddle as case candy?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:22:01 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »
Does Sheryl wash hands a lot? Just wondrin'. And if they add her bike saddle as case candy?

Uwe!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:39:45 AM by uwe »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »
Yes, it was inappropriate and doesn't do her body full justice. Body of artistic work I mean. I feel guilty now. We need a compliance officer in this forum. Someone to confess and blow whistles with.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:32:38 AM by uwe »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »
 I don't watch football, baseball basketball or golf ( total waste of time). I however played lacrosse when in Middle and High school. Best excuse I had to beat someone with a stick. Great game I enjoyed it immensely.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
Yes, it was inappropriate and doesn't do her body full justice. Body of artistic work I mean. I feel guilty now. We need a compliance officer in this forum. Someone to confess and blow whistles with.

Actually, I have the feeling that some members of this forum are highly compliant, especially when addressed by slinky people wearing black leather.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »
I think Uwe's saddle comment was a bit below the belt... :vader: :rimshot:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
What can I say?