Author Topic: i need some help gang - Colby Bass  (Read 106935 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: i need some help gang - Colby Bass
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »
Looking good Doc! ;D

But, seriously, you are slipping!  I think you might have been able to sqeeze in a couple of more clamps if you had really tried ;)

Yeah I was gonna, but my wrist was getting tired!!!!   :P
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:11 AM »
nicely done Doc! this has turned into a very good day:

top is on the build,
sold about 355$ of stuff on the bay
and
gathered enough "Junque" to assemble a '71 mudbucker for rebuilding. (think i'll swap the cover for a nice one off my Epi!! and MOJO the old "phone" out a bit!)

i think there was about 5-6 sources of parts for the whole pickup asembly, lol. i don't think all 4 screws even came from the same place!

i'm kinda digging that color contrast on the sides.

izzat my neck in the background?

don't overdo that wrist!!!

Wow, you did have a good day!  I realy like the contrast on the sides too!  Yep, your neck is in the back ground.  When I get my pin router set up next week, we'll make a template for the neck pocket.  Very cool!  The fret board will go on after I use the neck to line up the screw holes so they'll be right on target.

Got the mahog body yesterday, very nice wood.  I'm probably gonna do roundover edges on the back, hollowed out chambers, a cherry top and white binding.  Short scale Fender replica neck.  Eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »
...Got the mahog body yesterday, very nice wood.  I'm probably gonna do roundover edges on the back, hollowed out chambers, a cherry top and white binding.  Short scale Fender replica neck.  Eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a short scale Epi neck like mine would look great on the Mahog body. how about a lowz pup hanging on there with black or chrome trim?

i thought a roundover might take out that hole, i know it will be doable!
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2011, 08:37:13 AM »
a short scale Epi neck like mine would look great on the Mahog body. how about a lowz pup hanging on there with black or chrome trim?

i thought a roundover might take out that hole, i know it will be doable!

I have an original Musicmaster neck I'm  gonna copy for it.  I also have a set of original Fender Coronado bass pups and harness, complete!  It'll look great and sound really cool!!!  My logo will fit nicely on that style neck!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2011, 05:48:56 AM »
Top's on!  Oh yeah!  I might have to "keep" this one!   ;D

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »
Beautiful, both the materials and the work!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2011, 08:44:07 AM »
I looked at this and thought Michelangelo and marble.

"This essence of holy gold felt warm to my touch and my heart wept with joy as this remembered treasure came to life once more.
Could be this wonder for me, I gasped as my heart became youthfully alive again.
Could my bones feel any warmer and stronger, perhaps as before?
The eyes of this magic are looking at me and saying I live for thee and am the food that has been made for thee."

quoted from my poem "Reliving the Woman"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:25:27 AM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »
I looked at this and thought Michelangelo and marble.

"This essence of holy gold felt warm to my touch and my heart wept with joy as this remembered treasure came to life once more.
Could be this wonder for me, I gasped as my heart became youthfully alive again.
The eyes of this magic are looking at me and saying I live for thee and am the food that has been made for thee."

quoted from my poem "Reliving the Woman"

Wow, waxing poetic isn't something I can do, but this is rather nice.  What's it from?

Glad you like it, too!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »
Beautiful, both the materials and the work!

Thanks!  I'm liking the look.  I've never worked with splated maple before.  The look of marble is really kinda unique.  My only complaint is that it's a little soft, so you do have to be careful.  I made the top thicker than I usually do to compensate some for the softness.

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Beautiful build, I am enjoying watching this!
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
Wow, waxing poetic isn't something I can do, but this is rather nice.  What's it from?

Glad you like it, too!

From this:

Reliving the Woman

I looked in the box and what did I see?
I had found an old treasured magic that had been made long ago.
I reached in to hold this thing in my hands and see if it still glowed.

This essence of holy gold felt warm to my touch and my heart wept with joy as this remembered treasure came to life once more.
The eyes of this magic are looking at me and saying I live for thee and am the food that has been made for thee.

Those magic eyes that have been sleeping not in my sight for so long now are shining for me and telling me my heart is alive within thier warmth.
I close my eyes and am I young again and remember this instant of creation and the year’s fall from me as scales did from Paul upon seeing.
My sins are smoothing and my garments are becoming my skin, translucent and singing as they wrap me in life.
I am becoming as I was before I was and God is smiling.
Found treasure did I, and my voice is once again steady and baritone with a richness beyond words.
Found treasure did I and my blood I feel warming as a new ray warms the leaf beneath the dew.
She is coming to see me; I can breathe her essence and feel it scent my very being.
She is coming to see me.
The woman is coming to see me.

Copyright ã 2004
Clarence W. Andrews, Webb City, Missouri

Something I wrote several lifetimes ago I have not posted my poetry here in a long time.

Love the body.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2011, 09:51:03 AM »
From this:

Reliving the Woman

I looked in the box and what did I see?
I had found an old treasured magic that had been made long ago.
I reached in to hold this thing in my hands and see if it still glowed.

This essence of holy gold felt warm to my touch and my heart wept with joy as this remembered treasure came to life once more.
The eyes of this magic are looking at me and saying I live for thee and am the food that has been made for thee.

Those magic eyes that have been sleeping not in my sight for so long now are shining for me and telling me my heart is alive within its warmth.
I close my eyes and am I young again and remember this instant of creation and the year’s fall from me as scales did from Paul upon seeing.
My sins are smoothing and my garments are becoming my skin, translucent and singing as they wrap me in life.
I am becoming as I was before I was and God is smiling.
Found treasure did I, and my voice is once again steady and baritone with a richness beyond words.
Found treasure did I and my blood I feel warming as a new ray warms the leaf beneath the dew.
She is coming to see me; I can breathe her essence and feel it scent my very being.
She is coming to see me.
The woman is coming to see me.

Copyright ã 2004
Clarence W. Andrews, Webb City, Missouri

Very nice!  Kudos CW!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
I used to think of myself as a wordsmith in training. I prolly have enough written material, poems, short stories, childrens literature and lyrics to publish a few books. I'll post other later.

Thanks for the kudos my friend, back to you. We all have our forte. I love your craftsmanship.

A page from one of my childrens books:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:59:27 AM by sniper »

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »
I used to think of myself as a wordsmith in training. I prolly have enough written material, poems, short stories, childrens literature and lyrics to publish a few books. I'll post other later.

Thanks for the kudos my friend, back to you. We all have our forte. I love your craftsmanship.

A page from one of my childrens books:

You are too much!  I'm impressed and always amazed at what some folks can create.  It's fun to findout what lurks here behind members' posts.  I envy creativity and I'm always striving to create something.........anything!  I finally found basses and wood!

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »
This place never stops to amaze me! Very nice work mr. sniper! ;)
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.