Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

20th Anniversary JCS [new pics]

<< < (3/22) > >>

bassilisk:

--- Quote from: Dave W on April 24, 2017, 09:06:22 PM ---Maybe the anniversary edition will come with bridge posts that don't pull out.
--- End quote ---

Apparently this problem is not that uncommon across numerous Epiphone models using the 3-pointer. There are some
long threads about it over at TB. Most just glue them back in and go their merry way.

neepheid:

--- Quote from: bassilisk on April 25, 2017, 03:46:13 AM ---Apparently this problem is not that uncommon across numerous Epiphone models using the 3-pointer. There are some
long threads about it over at TB. Most just glue them back in and go their merry way.

--- End quote ---

It is not limited to Epiphones - I was stretching the strings on a Gibson Midtown Standard and out popped the post, taking a star shaped chunk out of the finish with it.  Gutted!

bassilisk:

--- Quote from: neepheid on April 25, 2017, 03:59:30 AM ---It is not limited to Epiphones - I was stretching the strings on a Gibson Midtown Standard and out popped the post, taking a star shaped chunk out of the finish with it.  Gutted!
--- End quote ---

Yeow! That is distressing! I wouldn't imagine that to be an issue on an actual Gibson.  :o

Highlander:
I traded a nickel-esque 3-point from my RD for a black Epi 3 point... never had a problem with the old or new one... admittedly, string thru, always...
They are different bridges and not directly replaceable so I had to plug and re-drill...

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: bassilisk on April 25, 2017, 03:46:13 AM ---Apparently this problem is not that uncommon across numerous Epiphone models using the 3-pointer. There are some

--- End quote ---

Exactly what I did with my Casady. Didn't bother me a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version