Author Topic: Anybody know what a black Dimarzio Model G bass pickup goes for??  (Read 1068 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Does anybody know what an original Black Dimarzio Model G PAF bass pickup goes for???

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know what a black Dimarzio Model G bass pickup goes for??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:23:23 AM »
Yikes, it's a bit of an odd duck.  Even though you don't see many, they shouldn't be too outrageous since I don't think there is a high level of demand.  Maybe $75 or so?  Just guessing!  It all depends on what someone is willing to pay.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »
They don't make them anymore and I've seen them come as Original in vintage Hamers.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »
  I know I'm late to the party but probably they don't go for all that much. Hamer makes great stuff but just because they used that pick up I would not expect it to add value. In June I picked up a Hamer Biltz for $350. This bass had a very high retail price but it just doesn't translate to collect-ability or resale value.  I get Model Gs for around 20-40 bucks hell I have had people give them to me. Hope you get/got what you wanted for it.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:39:43 AM »
Later to the party.  Black Model G's are extra cool, but I don't think you should pay extra unless you just have to have it now.

You could look for the old Schaller bass bucker as an option.  Not too far off from the Model G, but I don't know how different it sounds.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 09:33:48 PM »
Later to the party.  Black Model G's are extra cool, but I don't think you should pay extra unless you just have to have it now.

You could look for the old Schaller bass bucker as an option.  Not too far off from the Model G, but I don't know how different it sounds.

He was selling, not looking to buy.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:39:32 AM »
Sell for $5.  I'm in.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.