Author Topic: Carlo Robelli 8 string in Nashville  (Read 784 times)

Hornisse

Carlo Robelli 8 string in Nashville
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:44:53 AM »
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1823661588.html

I had a cool Jazz Bass copy that they used to make back in the 70's.  Never tried any of their current stuff but was wondering if anyone has tried their multi string offerings?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Carlo Robelli 8 string in Nashville
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:04:41 AM »
Sounds like he's had a lot of flakes respond to that listing....cool looking bass, though.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »
Very EB0...

Very cool...

There's been a posting about one of these before...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

leftybass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »
I had one of those, bought it new from Sam Ash. For several years I was in a band in which I only played 12-string bass. After that band broke up I couldn't find another band that the 12 fit, I really missed playing it but found a situation where an 8-string could possibly work. I'd owned Hagstrom 8-string basses since the early 80s but had sold them once I moved up to 12s in the 90s.
So I see this in the SA catalog, after playing short-scale 8s and 12s for many years, my main concern before I ordered it was that it was a long-scale neck with 8 tuners, on a guitar-size body with a small upper horn. But, I ordered it anyway.
Yep, serious neck-dive. Played OK but I guess I was so used to short-scale 8s/12s that the long-scale didn't sound right to me. And, I never could get the octave A to intonate correctly. So I sold it.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2014 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2013 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2012 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2011 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2010 Austin Music Poll

Proud owner of Dee Murray's Steinberger.