Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Flying V Bass

<< < (9/9)

4stringer77:

--- Quote from: Dave W on May 24, 2017, 01:34:28 PM ---Is it just me, or does the body look larger than a V guitar body?

--- End quote ---
I saw something about an SG/EB body being chopped and having different wings grafted on.
I don't know if it's another one of Don's creations; however, there's another similar bass called the Discoverer that is a mirror image of a Dean ML guitar.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: 4stringer77 on May 24, 2017, 04:06:02 PM ---there's another similar bass called the Discoverer that is a mirror image of a Dean ML guitar.
--- End quote ---

He purchased that one under the false pretense that it was an actual Gibson prototype. Turned out to be completely fake. Looks like it may have started life as an EB.

Also, I didn't recall the second mudbucker on the V, and here's why:

Now that I think about it, it could still be the same bass with a different pickguard.

amptech:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on May 25, 2017, 06:58:13 AM ---

Now that I think about it, it could still be the same bass with a different pickguard.

--- End quote ---

But the headstocks are not the same?

Basvarken:
I'm pretty sure these two photographs are photoshopped mockups.
The shadows of the knobs and bridge don't look consistent. They're different angle.
Plus with the Flying V there's an entire piece of the bridge missing on the right side near the stud.

The real Flying V that Dusty Hill and JAE used had a different shape headstock. Not triangular but with curved outlines.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: amptech on May 25, 2017, 10:09:13 PM ---But the headstocks are not the same?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I see that now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version