Author Topic: Jermaine Jackson, the bass player  (Read 10011 times)

Blazer

Jermaine Jackson, the bass player
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:21:20 AM »

I guess we all know Jermaine Jackson as one of those guys that was advised NOT to play by the record officials and just concentrate on dancing and singing. And on the records of the Jackson five his parts were played by session musicians.

But that doesn't mean that Jermaine Jackson didn't have the chops. When Touring with the Jackson Five Jermaine's bass was plugged in and he played the parts that the studio muscians played. And as this footage shows, in later years he actually got some serious chops going.

Not to mention that he had some cool custom basses. Such as this Spider bass which he played during the Jacksons' "Victory" tour.

And this butterfly bass used also on that tour.

rockinrayduke

Re: Jermaine Jackson, the bass player
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »
Too bad he doesn't utilize all those wonderful unused bass chops into some kind of career for himself.

Blazer

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
Too bad he doesn't utilize all those wonderful unused bass chops into some kind of career for himself.

Oh no?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

Blazer

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:34:37 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot, the policy on this board is that it's forbidden to stick your thumb out and slap.

Stupid of me to overlook that fact.  ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »
True, I can't stand that music. Even so, his solo career has been nowhere for years.

Blazer

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »
True, I can't stand that music. Even so, his solo career has been nowhere for years.
If you overlook the fact that he has been raising a family, appeared on several real life celebrity programs and is currently in the studio working with his brothers (Sans Michael of course) on a come back album.

Oh and just for fun, here he is in 2007 reliving his past, hey who can you laugh about if you can't laugh about yourself?

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »
I'm not criticizing him for raising a family. That doesn't change the facts about his recent musical career.

Not that I GARA about any of the Jacksons. I don't.

Blazer

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:38 PM »
I'm not criticizing him for raising a family. That doesn't change the facts about his recent musical career.

Not that I GARA about any of the Jacksons. I don't.
Truth is just that Jermaine has been busy with other commitments than to work on his musical career. But he already paid his dues, if he were to give a concert, doesn't matter where or in what venue, it WOULD sell out. And people know more songs by him than they would admit.

A concert by Jermaine Jackson would be concert where people are going "Oh yeah" when hearing songs like "Do what you do" and "When the rain begins to fall", not to mention the Jackson Five songs he would've performed.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 06:01:53 PM »
Somehow I doubt that. I could be wrong, of course. People actually pay to see Celine Dion, why not Jermaine Jackson.

Point is, it's not happening, so we don't know.

I'm proud to say I don't know any of his songs.

Now I'm going to listen to some old time country music to cleanse my mind of any Jermaine thoughts.  8)

Blazer

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »
Hey, YOU'RE the only one who has replied in this topic so far.  ;D

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »
Hey, YOU'RE the only one who has replied in this topic so far.  ;D

That's because no one else (except for Ray) gives a damn either.  ;D 

I just like to poke fun at certain irresistible targets. Jermaine Jackson is one of them. You defending Jermaine Jackson is another.  ;)

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:22:04 AM »
That's because no one else (except for Ray) gives a damn either.  ;D 

I just like to poke fun at certain irresistible targets. Jermaine Jackson is one of them. You defending Jermaine Jackson is another.  ;)

Just as long as you don't pick on Merrill Osmond!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceP37aZwtU4&feature=related
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »
Just because I'm sittin' here I'll reply. I don't give a rats ass about Jermaine Jackson either. Yeah , he can play the bass. So can I , and I think I can safely say, everyone  else on this forum can too. I am not in awe of his skill. I would not buy a ticket to see him.
In all fairness, I would not use myself as a measuring stick to judge whether or not he would sell out and play to thousands of adoring fans. All I can say is I would not buy a ticket. I would not give a rats ass.

I would not buy a ticket to see Jessica Simpson either, although she would probably sell out and play to a crowd of adoring fans also. I would also be willing to bet she probably plays the bass about as good as she sings. I would not buy a ticket . I would not give a rats ass.
There are a million people I don't give a rats ass about in the naked city......these are only two :)
Rick

Rocker949

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
It isn't Jermaine Jackson himself which is the issue to me;  what I have to object to is that particular style of music.  Simply put, I hate it.  In Jessica Simpson's case, she has no talent at all.  Of course, to her credit, I think she sadly recognizes that fact.