Author Topic: My new 1965 Gibson Thunderbird II  (Read 3721 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Re: My new 1965 Gibson Thunderbird II
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 04:44:35 AM »
If you want to get the real deal, Mark, purge and downsize like i did. I decided for myself to go for Quality, not quantity. I own 2 65 birds, the 8 string that being painted and the Futura that's still being built. Less is more. Food for thought.

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:54:34 AM »
Hi Baz, nice bass and congrats on your new job.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 06:43:15 AM »
If you want to get the real deal, Mark, purge and downsize like i did. I decided for myself to go for Quality, not quantity. I own 2 65 birds, the 8 string that being painted and the Futura that's still being built. Less is more. Food for thought.

Interesting perspective, and I may be getting close to that now that I have the Embassy back.  It's not so much as it's an original Embassy, but it's "THE" bass for me.  Mark can verify that.  I've now sold 3 basses in the past 6 months and have no regrets.  I'm even considering whether I even want to do the last project I've been planning for the past couple years.  Even the fanfret has already dropped into second bass status.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 10:13:09 AM »

Won't be happening anytime soon as I find that I develope a bit of a bond with the basses I keep, i.e. my white '89 - sure it's a run-of-the-mill 'Bird, but I'm it's only owner and I'd likely never get what it's truely worth to me if I were to sell it. I'm pretty happy with my modest group right now, working on my house is keeping me from buying more basses right now but I'm sure there will be more at some point in the future. 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
Thanks for all of your compliments and best wishes. Much overtime this week and I feel exhausted but good!!!!!!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »
Much overtime this week and I feel exhausted but good!!!!!!

Feast or famine, my friend!  ;D

I'm glad it's working out so far.