Author Topic: Special HBO Adventure Time Embassy Pro and EB-0  (Read 2244 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Special HBO Adventure Time Embassy Pro and EB-0
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 08:09:55 AM »
There is no such thing as a "Dutch language". It's an ancient, coarse German dialect that has long been given up - und for good reason too - in the country of its real origin. Coastal tribes have retained it to some degree in their largely isolated, semi-aquatic settlements to the West of our current interim borders. Educational regression is nothing to brag about though.

Das gesagt habend  :mrgreen:, I like the basses too. The look would be even better if these bite-/scratch-marks were real indentations via routing.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:43:37 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 09:07:34 AM »
Well that was fun. Some great playing there. We used to watch Adventure Time all the time when our daughter was younger. Weird and funny show. Marceline actually plays a type of axe bass BTW.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 03:45:43 PM »
Marceline actually plays a type of axe bass BTW.

I'm surprised Gene didn't sue her for that!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2020, 04:46:04 PM »
She let him have photographs for his collection instead.  :popcorn:

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2020, 11:26:06 PM »
I like both Dutch and Gibson.  So that's fine with me.  I will try to play Gibsons the best I can, but becoming fluent in Dutch is unlikely to happen.  This Australian who is learning Dutch explains what it's like for an English speaker.  She likes Dutch, but explains here some of the frustrating aspects of trying to learn it. 

Thanks for posting, I'm one year into learning Dutch now. It's tough, but I expected it to be tougher. Makes sense when I see the video,
many of the difficult things there like the time and words with double meaning are the same in Norwegian.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 05:16:00 AM »
There is no such thing as a "Dutch language". It's an ancient, coarse German dialect that has long been given up - und for good reason too - in the country of its real origin. Coastal tribes have retained it to some degree in their largely isolated, semi-aquatic settlements to the West of our current interim borders. Educational regression is nothing to brag about though.

Das gesagt habend  :mrgreen:, I like the basses too. The look would be even better if these bite-/scratch-marks were real indentations via routing.

Does Germany, German, and the German even excist? Around 80 to 90 years ago you guys employed all kinds of failed, fired, and fraudulent academics and scientists to rewrite your culture!  :mrgreen:

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 05:16:49 AM »
Thanks for posting, I'm one year into learning Dutch now. It's tough, but I expected it to be tougher. Makes sense when I see the video,
many of the difficult things there like the time and words with double meaning are the same in Norwegian.

When in doubt, ask the Dutchies here. Always glad to help you!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 05:52:25 AM »
Does Germany, German, and the German even excist? Around 80 to 90 years ago you guys employed all kinds of failed, fired, and fraudulent academics and scientists to rewrite your culture!  :mrgreen:

You little Kraut-spawned dike worm!!!  :mrgreen:  How does your national anthem go again ... ik van duitsen bloed, "I am of German blood"? Try to explain that one away, I know there have been - failed - Dutch attempts to do this before.  ;)

But thanks for keeping us in the loop about Gibson affairs! Your ilk were always good at espionage.  8) 8) 8)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 06:19:12 AM »
I know a Dutch girl with German parents. She always says she likes to have her period, because she loses some German blood.

And the anthem. A serious answer is of course that Dutch, German and British royalty are very intertwined. The grandfather of our king even had an SS membership, before he married a Dutch princess and turned to the allied side during WWII. The Ferrari driving, Spitfire flying playboy Bernhard, with at least two daughters with other women. Love the guy. We need more of such people :D

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 07:17:53 AM »

You're welcome.  I studied Spanish in school, but in time became more interested in Dutch and German.  However, German grammar and Dutch pronunciation seem to elude me.  They're more difficult than the Romance languages to me.  Because I also studied some Portuguese on my own for a while and found it easier than Spanish.  Of course, I'm not sure if there really is such a thing as an easy foreign language. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »
The main difference is that in the Netherlands there is high quality foreign language instruction.  I know this because I have seen it myself many times with many different people.  The U.S. has never placed much serious emphasis on people learning foreign languages.  The U.S. has some other strong points, however, like making Gibsons.  Even that is debatable with some people, but I've always liked them.

This is true.  I studied Linguistics in college and around puberty is when humans lose the ability to easily learn languages.  It's about this time that most US schools seem to start teaching students foreign languages.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
"I know a Dutch girl with German parents. She always says she likes to have her period, because she loses some German blood."

:mrgreen: :) :) :mrgreen: THAT IS BRILLIANT!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
You little Kraut-spawned dike worm!!!  :mrgreen:  How does your national anthem go again ... ik van duitsen bloed, "I am of German blood"? Try to explain that one away, I know there have been - failed - Dutch attempts to do this before.  ;)

But thanks for keeping us in the loop about Gibson affairs! Your ilk were always good at espionage.  8) 8) 8)

It is actually "Ben ik van Dietschen bloed". Guess it's the earliest misheard lyric?
Diets is not the same as Duits.
Diets is Midden Nederlands. Middle Dutch.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:10 PM »
She let him have photographs for his collection instead.  :popcorn:

:mrgreen:

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »
This is true.  I studied Linguistics in college and around puberty is when humans lose the ability to easily learn languages.  It's about this time that most US schools seem to start teaching students foreign languages.

I's also good to learn to play bass and sing at the same time at an early age.  That was easier for me as a teenager than it is now.  There are probably quite a number of skills that would be easier to acquire during the formative years.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal