Author Topic: just for thought = my adopted brother and one of my hero's  (Read 594 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
just for thought = my adopted brother and one of my hero's
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »
"IN MEMORIUM:
SSGT Oliver Clifton Stamps, died under my care in the Republic of Viet Nam on or about 08 January, 1970.

He was a great leader of men. I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman assigned to his unit.

He was mortally wounded early in the day while he was disarming a booby trap.

He succumbed to his wounds in transit to the 1st Medical Battalion on a Medievac Chopper while I was at his side.

I was the only medical corpsman to come to his aid after he was wounded. I and the Marines with me tried feverishly to save his life but ... in the end, we could not.

There isn't a year that has passed that I have not remembered him on the anniversary of his death.

He had a love for his family. A warm gentle smile and a knack for leading his Marines.

He is sadly missed.

Sincerely,
Vern F. Bosley (HM2-USN)"

Vern is my self-adopted big bro and my hero ... Sniper.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: just for thought = my adopted brother and one of my hero's
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
Living in (digital) reams and reams of military history and having conversed with numerous veterans, albeit from earlier campaigns, I fully understand your feelings and the kinship you experienced, which will, for as long as your recall remain bright, be just but a moment ago...

My thoughts are with you...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
So many good people lost their lives in Vietnam.  Remembering them is so important.  Thanks for sharing.  Blessings.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
God bless you. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal