Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

I almost pulled the trigger..

(1/2) > >>

eb2:
..but I didn't.  I am very curious, but it would be just throwing $50 that I could throw elsewhere.  Anyone curious?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-80s-Ibanez-Gibson-style-Bass-Pickup_W0QQitemZ330287192589QQihZ014QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave W:
I don't know. Some of the Japanese EB-style pickups aren't exactly the same size as a Gibson. And you don't know if it's a sidewinder (if you even care).

eb2:
I didn't care.  I couldn't help myself.  I suppose selling a 460 should make up for it.

clankenstein:
ok now.in the 70s i had an ibanez eb2d copy(long gone) with what i assume was one of those pickups in the front position.it was not a side winder.in fact i dont think it was a humbucker either.

eb2:
I suspect it is some honkin single coil underneath.  More than likely made by Maxom, like a lot of the pups in Ibanez and Aria stuff from around then.  I actually like their pups, along with their pedals.  I am guessing Ford or early Carter administration.   I look forward to reporting on it when it gets here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version