Author Topic: Videos of YOU playing your Thunderbirds  (Read 7089 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Videos of YOU playing your Thunderbirds
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »
 So as not to clutter up the other Thunderbird/video post and to satisfy my unrelenting desire to say "look at me" I ask my brethren to post their Thunderbird moments. I'll start ;D  I'm sick as dog here and 20 lbs over weight but the Bird is the word!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Videos of YOU playing your Thunderbirds
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
I deliberately picked up a vid of Lady Thunderbird and the Nasty's pretty early pretty early on so you most certainly won't be cluttering up the post with any footage of the Smokes, Bro...

We'd be honoured by your inclusion... ;) 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »
 Kenny you are way to kind.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »
Awesome Scott!

Here's a video from a few years ago.
Back in the Stonefly days. This particular gig we were support for John Waite and his band (who had to lend all our gear. And still act as a bunch of arrogant pricks despite the fact that they couldn't even play his biggest hit properly...)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »
Rob That's a great version of that song! Always treacherous territory covering The Beatles or any of them solo. By far my favorite cover of that song I have ever heard, well done! You could release that and have a hit! The bird sounds great love the way you improv the bass line.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 02:46:33 AM »
In this vid you here parts of different songs.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 04:31:51 AM »
All fine examples, guys... 8)

Rob... Floor and you should discuss covering that tune yourselves... her voice would really suit it... that's one of the reasons I posted that Ruby Starr cover of that song... it suits a woman with a powerful voice...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 05:46:35 AM »
I've got 2 links on youtube to me when I was 19 with my band, "Daisy Chain", which wound up getting signed to Mercury in 1991 and changed the name to Mind Bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdnIPLApdU&feature=related

And of course NEW RISING SON with my NR 8 string that Fraulein Rommel owns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKq4E1G1d6E&feature=related

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 06:02:24 AM »
@ Scott
The bass part is sort of a hybrid between Macca's version and Ronnie Lane's version with the Faces.
(I actually prefer the Faces version over Macca's original)

@ Kenny
Interesting thought. This song fitted our lead singer Jan very well. I guess Floor could sing it well too.
Not sure if it would fit in with the rest of the Superfloor repertoire now that we've been steering the ship a little back towards the Blues lately.

@ Baz
Ah the big hair days  :mrgreen: Love it: Aerosmith meets UFO.
Too bad the sound is only on the right channel?
Your drummer looked like Tommy Aldridge

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »
This is about the only decent one I've converted from VHS and uploaded.  And, yes, it's the Embassy.   :mrgreen:
http://www.myspace.com/video/23399699/strange-fascination/51670130

Rob - we used to do a version of "Maybe I'm Amazed" with 2 guitars.  More like Faces, too, but I don't think we ever heard that version.  We just winged ours.  Love the bass work you did.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

bassplayer8953

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 04:22:57 AM »
My UFO tribute band Force It's 1st Youtube video:

Dr Eagle

• Hogannnnnnnn!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Who-Dunnit a LIVE Tribute to The Who
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:01 AM »
This is from a few years ago, before my "Tone Rebirth"  (building patches for my Bass Podxt Live) at the Grass Valley Center for the Performing Arts in Grass Valley, CA

Dr. Eagle
76 P Bass, 2 Carvin LB76s, 2 T Bird 5s, Warwick Buzzard 5 bolt
Carvin PB500, BX1200, Carvin 4 1x15F" cabs, Carvin 1x18" and 4x10", SWR Silverado Special 2x12", SWR Workingmans 10, Carvin PB100 Combo.

www.who-dunnit.net
A Tribute to the Who LIVE

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »
I really dig that bass sound you've got. Deep, strong, with barb wire on top of it. And that singer of yours sound a lot like Daltrey.
That first tune, Can't explain, always moves because of the bridge part, that D-Bm-G-A7. I think it's interesting that Townshend used those chords, because they really belonged to an era that was about to end. And The Who wasn't part of that era in any way, as I see it. And I can see for miles, so don't ya argue with me. Because we're talking about My-my-my Generation!

Dr Eagle

• Hogannnnnnnn!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Who-Dunnit a LIVE Tribute to The Who
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 11:46:20 PM »
I really dig that bass sound you've got. Deep, strong, with barb wire on top of it. And that singer of yours sound a lot like Daltrey.
That first tune, Can't explain, always moves because of the bridge part, that D-Bm-G-A7. I think it's interesting that Townshend used those chords, because they really belonged to an era that was about to end. And The Who wasn't part of that era in any way, as I see it. And I can see for miles, so don't ya argue with me. Because we're talking about My-my-my Generation!
'

Why thank you.  I have really done a lot of work since this was taken to get a more entwistleish tone although this wasn't bad, but I had a tough time getting it consistent.  Our singer and guitarist are both from the UK and Mo (singer) has an amazingly strong voice.  Again, thanks!
Dr. Eagle
76 P Bass, 2 Carvin LB76s, 2 T Bird 5s, Warwick Buzzard 5 bolt
Carvin PB500, BX1200, Carvin 4 1x15F" cabs, Carvin 1x18" and 4x10", SWR Silverado Special 2x12", SWR Workingmans 10, Carvin PB100 Combo.

www.who-dunnit.net
A Tribute to the Who LIVE

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »
My UFO tribute band Force It's 1st Youtube video:

Love it!   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...