Author Topic: chile rellenos baked casserole  (Read 567 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
chile rellenos baked casserole
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »
CHILIES RELLENOS BAKE

4 egg whites
1/3 cup all purpose flour
16 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup evaporated milk
3 cans whole green chilies
1 8 oz. can enchilada sauce
Heat oven to 350F.
Spray a 2 quart casserole dish. In medium bowl, combine egg whites, milk, and flour; beat until well blended. Place 1/2 the green chilies in baking dish. Cover with 1/2 of the egg mixture. Spread 1/3 of the cheese on top. Repeat layers, saving last 1/3 of the cheese. Pour sauce on top of casserole. Bake @ 350*F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese and until casserole is bubbly.
6 to 8 servings

instead of the canned chilies, i use a dozen Pablano Peppers with the seeds and stems removed, cut open so i can layer them flat like one would a Lasagna
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: chile rellenos baked casserole
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:19:45 PM »

Veggie too... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »
MMMmmmmmmmm.

First time I had chile rellenos was when I bought the peppers in the farmer's market in San Antonio.  We took 'em home to Bryan and found recipes.

How many peppers for that one?  I'm thinking two....

We may try that one!  Thanks.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:47:19 AM »
Thanks. We've got a Christmas tree-burning party (it's sort of a tradition down here) to go to this this weekend. 
This will be a perfect dish to bring.  Thanks a lot for posting - I was looking for ideas.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.