Author Topic: Fender Custom Shop event  (Read 1621 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Fender Custom Shop event
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:12:29 AM »
Every year Fender has the Custom Shop events on the booth at the NAMM show. They have around 200 instruments. Most of them are what you expect: heavy relics, LPB over Paisley, bound sparkle Teles, the lot. Also some Gretsches and other affiliated brands. I do have pics of such instruments, but I'll keep it to some basses here.

Fun fact: you see little cards underneath the string. If a dealer wants to buy a certain instrument, he can put his card underneath the strings. Afterwards it's a lottery which decide who is allowed to buy the bass/guitar! So if you put ten cards underneath instruments you can go home with everything between zero and ten.

This was quite interesting, because of the shape. Fender already doesn't sell much Mustangs, but I would see this one in a shop. I think there was another one with a more Fender-ish pickup. Need to think/search....

Not that special, but different:

Hollow with Paisley on the inside:

Two Tele style basses. I thought the blue one was very nineties. In a bad way.

Jackson (I think):

And one guitar. I think this one's quite well done:

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Fender Custom Shop event
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:41:48 AM »
Not to be a party pooper, but I don't care for any of those.  :-\

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:39:22 AM »
I like the Tele guitar-shaped bass. The hollow one with paisley inside is interesting, somebody will pay a premium for that.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 12:06:35 PM »
Not to be a party pooper, but I don't care for any of those.  :-\

You are not. As I said in my post, I only posted the real strange once. All relics, sparkle colours, stack knob Js, bound Ps, etc. - so the more normal basses - are left out. I can post them later.