Author Topic: It's cheap because it's a refin  (Read 4848 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: It's cheap because it's a refin
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »

Count Chocula probably doesn't have any noble blood. Also, Cap'n Crunch isn't really in the Navy.

One of our local craft breweries uses cereals, including both of those, for beers every now and then.

https://collegian.com/2017/10/black-bottle-brewery-brings-back-chocolate-cereal-beer/

It causes a bit of an uproar a few years ago when they bought up so much Captain Crunch locally that college students ran out!  The popularity of these cereals became evident from the complaints.

However, since the cereal was used in the production of beer, all college students quickly agreed that the shortage occurred in support of a noble cause.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:37 PM »
I'm not convinced it made a difference. I think the timings of everything lined up. When John started using the Slab basses he moved away from shortscale basses with neck pickups. He also started using 412 cabs, crude bi-amped rigs, and was an early adopter of roundwound strings. I think all of these things converged on the same point in time.

I can't imagine it making any difference. It's still all maple.

One of our local craft breweries uses cereals, including both of those, for beers every now and then.

https://collegian.com/2017/10/black-bottle-brewery-brings-back-chocolate-cereal-beer/

It causes a bit of an uproar a few years ago when they bought up so much Captain Crunch locally that college students ran out!  The popularity of these cereals became evident from the complaints.

However, since the cereal was used in the production of beer, all college students quickly agreed that the shortage occurred in support of a noble cause.

No thanks. As the kids say, I can't even.

What's next? Calvin & Hobbes Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs stout?

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »
No thanks. As the kids say, I can't even.

What's next? Calvin & Hobbes Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs stout?

Yeah, that's nasty. These microbreweries are getting carried away. I guess if they're moving product, then good for them. But not for me.