Author Topic: New affordable US Fender series  (Read 4170 times)

Thornton Davis

• View Profile
Re: New affordable US Fender series
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 07:02:13 PM »
After Chris P. posted this thread, Thornton posted the news at TB. I see that it's now a huge thread, complete with the usual Fender-hating trolls and dreamers with unrealistic expectations.

I mentioned the topic and they went nuts on TB. When I last looked there were just under 700 posts to the thread with it having been viewed approx 47,000 times. All that in less than 2 weeks.

Lots of comments and dreamers posted their wants and wishes. The way prices are today for new Fender products, I'll continue to buy used when the urge hits.

TD
Please keep your eyes open for my stolen 1973 Burgundyglo Rickenbacker 4001 Serial # MD1582. It was stolen in November of 2006. Reward for its return. Thx!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 10:15:26 PM »
I hear you. I paid $750 for my (new) Am Special Tele back in 2013. They're now $1000-1050. There are plenty of good used Fenders out there at reasonable prices.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 08:42:58 PM »
They're officially out.

Fender's website

Reverb article

Music Radar article There's a video, but in scanning it, I don't see the basses.

There are some gloss finishes, from the first reports I thought they were all satin. Still, the basses are $200 more than the last prices on the Am Special basses which were discontinued 2 or 3 years ago. The guitars are $50-100 higher than a current Am Special.

Sweetwater and MF have some models in stock.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 02:36:33 AM »
In Dutch, but you can see some pics here:

https://www.debassist.nl/nieuws/artikel/3-21370/fender-american-performer-series

PJ, J and Mustang +J

Not all neck types are available with all colours. I think sunburst and white with rosewood and the rest with maple. There are some nice colours. A '70s dark red, called Aubergine, a copper called Penny and some satin/matte colours: Surf Green and Lake Placid Blue.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
The blue and Penny Ps look cool. Black pickguards almost always make a bass look better to me.