Author Topic: Badbird designer interviewed on TV!  (Read 4676 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Badbird designer interviewed on TV!
« on: June 19, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »
 Amazing! My good friend James Warner fellow bass nut from High School saw my Geddy pics on fb. He lives next door to a local Fox News reporter Jennifer Johnson, they talk and Jennifer decides this is news worthy! I got a call around 6 PM Tuesday,  can you be at the studio at 7:50 Wednesday morning? I said sure but holy cats I had lots to do! I am the worlds worst public speaker, been know to faint on occasion. So enjoy! Good for a chuckle. http://www.foxrochester.com/news/features/good-day-rochester/stories/rush-bassist-geddy-lee-using-local-musicians-invention-2648.shtml#.VYRxIFLwrAn
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Badbird designer interviewed on TV!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
Wow, you did that absolutely pro, yet genial, Scott, je suis très impressed! As if it was your 150th interview, yet you were still not jaded. Lovely. Dasson Technologies ruleth!!!

(Different point and I hate to say it, but that TBird doesn't look right on Geddy. He's too petite for such a beast of a bass. No wonder though since the Steinberger, which looked like a toy on most players, looked "just right" on him.)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
.......... I said sure but holy cats I had lots to do! I am the worlds worst public speaker, been know to faint on occasion. So enjoy! Good for a chuckle. http://www.foxrochester.com/news/features/good-day-rochester/stories/rush-bassist-geddy-lee-using-local-musicians-invention-2648.shtml#.VYRxIFLwrAn

BS!  You acted like you'd been sitting on that couch every morning for the last 20 years!  You did a great job!

Maybe you can partner up with a skinny little blond motor mouth airhead and get yourself a full time morning gig!  Good Morning Rottenchester with G.O.T & Suzy? 8)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »
 To kind really. I stutter I  know it and I deal with it.  Public speaking is s horror . I do the best I can.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »
Scott, I linked to your appearance in your other thread http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=9601.0 --  take a look, you got plenty of compliments. Don't minimize your public speaking abilities. You're a natural at it.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:55 PM »
To kind really. I stutter I  know it and I deal with it.  Public speaking is s horror . I do the best I can.

Welcome to my word!  I don't stutter though I feel like I'm going to hurl the entire time! >:(  I don't believe I heard you stutter in this clip?  Mel Tillis syndrome maybe? ;)

On another front, and you've probably already thought of this, but you need to link this to You Tube and do all the key word search stuff to you site.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 06:35:55 PM »

You rocked it Scott!  :thumbsup:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 01:14:10 AM »
Usually harder to get me to stop talking... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 05:05:07 AM »
Brilliant mate, just brilliant.

Hope it brings you more business!
P
The future I come from no longer exists.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »
By the time I watched it, I had already read your comments about how nervous you were, but even given that, you don't seem nervous at all! I was really impressed! Here are my favorite lines:

"If I had a bridge for a Fender I'd be rich"

GOT: [words to the effect of] "It makes it so you can play in tune"
Commentator: "So it changes the sound"
GOT: "No, it makes the bass play in tune"

Commentator: "We bow to you"
GOT: "Oh no, that's not necessary, throw money though!"

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 09:02:33 AM »
Great job Scott!!! You didn't seem nervous at all, you looked very comfortable sitting with them. You rolled with it better than I could have for sure.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »
Scott, I've been a radio and TV guy for more than 30 years and I'd put that in the top 10% of interviews I have ever seen.  Seemingly relaxed, addressed every point, conversational, got the facebook info out, AND - you held the bass still long enough for the the camerman to get a good shot.  You'd be amazed to know how seldom people do that.

Top marks all around, and a story well told.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:55:02 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »
Scott, I've been a radio and TV guy for more than 30 years and I'd put that in the top 10% of interviews I have ever seen.  Seemingly relaed, addressed every point, conversational, got the facebook info out, AND - you held the bass still long enough for the the camerman to get a good shot.  You'd be amazed to know how seldom people do that.

Top marks all around, and a story well told.

Yes on all counts! That was, by far, one of the BEST interviews I have ever seen, period. You handled TV better than most folks I've worked with who supposedly are "professionals" and do it every day. You have great camera presence and your confidence and sincerity showed through with style.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 07:45:17 PM »
Yes on all counts! That was, by far, one of the BEST interviews I have ever seen, period. You handled TV better than most folks I've worked with who supposedly are "professionals" and do it every day. You have great camera presence and your confidence and sincerity showed through with style.

Plus a big #1 on that.
Calm cool and on target Bud.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
  The play in tune /makes the bass sound different exchange was so Spinal Tap inside I was going  WTF!
By the time I watched it, I had already read your comments about how nervous you were, but even given that, you don't seem nervous at all! I was really impressed! Here are my favorite lines:

"If I had a bridge for a Fender I'd be rich"

GOT: [words to the effect of] "It makes it so you can play in tune"
Commentator: "So it changes the sound"
GOT: "No, it makes the bass play in tune"

Commentator: "We bow to you"
GOT: "Oh no, that's not necessary, throw money though!"