Author Topic: Is Henry listening to Gibson fans?  (Read 19140 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
Re: Is Henry listening to Gibson fans?
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
Personally I'd have captioned it "[Herp a] Derp"
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2015, 05:25:12 PM »
I came across this today. Im sure it was discussed here already but I found it particularly nuts that on Gibsons own website they state that Tom Peterson played a Thunderbird III.  It was put up over a year ago and in that time no one thought to correct the error? its one thing for misinformation to be spread across forums and blogs..but your own website?! The whole site must be run by some group of marketing wunderkinds that sold the Gibson on the idea that they could increase their web/social media presence and Henry has double-downed on them just like he has robo-tuners.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/The-10-Coolest-Gibson-Thunderbird-Players.aspx

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »
Well, they do have a shot of the TB "III" and, most importantly there's a nice shot of the Badbird bridge - Scott should link to it!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
I came across this today. Im sure it was discussed here already but I found it particularly nuts that on Gibsons own website they state that Tom Peterson played a Thunderbird III.  It was put up over a year ago and in that time no one thought to correct the error? its one thing for misinformation to be spread across forums and blogs..but your own website?! The whole site must be run by some group of marketing wunderkinds that sold the Gibson on the idea that they could increase their web/social media presence and Henry has double-downed on them just like he has robo-tuners.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/The-10-Coolest-Gibson-Thunderbird-Players.aspx

Which dumbshit wrote this? Smells like another Anne Erickson article to me. Includes bassists not primarily known for Thunderbirds while omitting their own endorser Nikki Sixx.

Then there's this gem:

Jackie Foxx: Yes, the Runaway’s bassist played a 1965 Gibson Thunderbird throughout the bands four-year history, from 1975 to 1979, after unsuccessfully auditioning for the guitar slot won by Lita Ford.

She left the band in '77, and her stage name was Fox, not Foxx.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2015, 03:23:50 AM »
Yes, excluding Nikki Sixx while trying to make us believe Krist Novoselic involvement in his RD sig was by pure inspiration of the Thunderbird design is beyond ridiculous.

• Krist Novoselic: The Gibson Ripper was Novoselic’s main bass through his years with Nirvana until he settled on the Thunderbird IV in the band’s last months. Novoselic was so enamored with the T-bird design that he celebrated the 20th anniversary of the release of Nirvana’s Nevermind by creating the Krist Novoselic Signature RD Bass with Gibson. The instrument follows the essential curves of the Thunderbird IV

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2015, 03:42:21 AM »
Foxx...? Sixx...?

Double XX rated nonsense... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2015, 07:41:58 AM »
this must be the worst list ever. gene simmons is alot of things but no one ever accused him of being cool. how about exclusive gibson users, that would be more to the point. i think mike watt comes closest to filling that slot. nirvana guy should be on the "people who have knocked themselves out with gibson basses"list. :o
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »
Yeah, it's so hard to find a tuner when you need one. If only there were tons of free smartphone tuner apps and $10 clip-on headstock tuners.  ;)

There may still be a day when cheap tuners become available.  We've just got to hold on and hope for the best.   :-\
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
Just for laughs, this was created by a guy at The Gear Page.

The LickR software is interesting. :mrgreen:

And discussed by him as if it were real.

Blackbird

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »
The idea of a standard pickup "dock" for a swappable pickup isn't all that far fetched...the way tech goes these days

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »
elektra guitars had swapable pickups back in the 70's. leslie west was an endorser.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »
elektra guitars had swapable pickups back in the 70's.

Dan Armstrong's also.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »
Yes, but none of those had 25 pins to activate the LickR and CybroKnobs.  :mrgreen:

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 01:13:05 AM »
Truth is, the auto tune thing is the classic engineering driving marketing rather than the other way around. Simple as that and it fails much more than it succeeds.  Successful products are typically developed based on market demand.  Simple.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!