Author Topic: What's Steve Harris playing in this video?  (Read 874 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
What's Steve Harris playing in this video?
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:43 AM »
Looks like some sort of Thunderbird/Exploiter thing with P-bass style pups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghCs_C65v0&feature=related
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: What's Steve Harris playing in this video?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

I *think* it's the same make as Eric Brittingham's bass in this Cinderella vid........

The brand escapes me...........Perhaps some Scotch will help my memory  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-qG6o5N7oQ&ob=av2e
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »
I think that was a Lado bass that he had back then. There are pictures of him with it online somewhere.

And here it is in a thread at the Outpost:

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=5432.0
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:14:32 PM »

I *think* it's the same make as Eric Brittingham's bass in this Cinderella vid........

No....Eric's is a Hamer TBird (FBIV actually....like the 40 or so that Nikki Sixx used in the Motley Crue heyday) He had a number of nice Hamer basses, includin a 12-string Standard/Explorer/Blitz.  The Tbird in this particular video is a bit tricked out with Hamer boomerang inlays, a reverse headstock and white powdercoat hardware.

Rachel Bolan of Skid Row had a similar one, also white, that had oval Ovation inlays.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
No....Eric's is a Hamer TBird (FBIV actually....like the 40 or so that Nikki Sixx used in the Motley Crue heyday) He had a number of nice Hamer basses, includin a 12-string Standard/Explorer/Blitz.  The Tbird in this particular video is a bit tricked out with Hamer boomerang inlays, a reverse headstock and white powdercoat hardware.

Rachel Bolan of Skid Row had a similar one, also white, that had oval Ovation inlays.

Well obviously the Scotch didn't help me....... Thanks Jon  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:44:20 AM »
I think that was a Lado bass that he had back then. There are pictures of him with it online somewhere.

And here it is in a thread at the Outpost:

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=5432.0

A friend of mine owns a bright yellow Lado 8-string with an true Explorer/Blitz body, not the odd type like on Harris'.

My friend's Lado 8 actually looks closer to an 80s Hamer style....almost like it was inspired by a Tom Petersson 80s Hamer......3 PUPs....dot inlays....and separate vol/tones for each PUP.

I did a trade a few month back with him....a killer early Hamer Standard Bass for an equally killer Veillette Citron 8-string.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »
I think I saw a Lado explorer 8 string bass neck and body on Ebay a year or so ago with 3 pickups.