Author Topic: Xmas gifts, bass related only - list 'em!  (Read 1671 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Xmas gifts, bass related only - list 'em!
« on: December 26, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »
Got a nice set of Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter pounders and a 16 gig sd card for my Zoom H4n recorder.  :)

Digresion our specialty!

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
Re: Xmas gifts, bass related only - list 'em!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 05:05:17 AM »
The bills!
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »
in my family the adults don't exchange gifts but heaps them on the kids. not that this is a good example but my grand daughter expessed a desire to learn to play drums. since she is only six she still has lots of little girl stuff to occupy her always changing mind. after ignoring my advice to get something inexpensive just in case, my son bought her a new tama imperial kit with cymbals. the one stewart copeland plays! not cheap. i hope maggie takes a real interest but if not i certainly will enjoy playing them.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:42 AM »
Yeah, same here - mainly for the kids.  I did, however, get something chromish!  Not bass related but as the semi-official chef of the estate I got a very nice stainless, high polish, pressure cooker.  To think that my wife almost bought me a hideous anodized black one...... :rolleyes:

Hornisse

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »
Nothing bass related, but I did buy myself this book.

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
Something really great and completely unexpected. One of the guys over at TB from whom I had purchased a pair of Peavey pups that I am using to restore a Peavey foundation bass, sent me a truss rod cover and 3 Vintage Peavey knobs!! These things go for a serious $$ on the parts market so it was a very thoughtful and kind gift!

Cheers!
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 11:05:10 AM »
Nothing bass related on my end but I did get a nice gift card to REI. As a present to myself I might buy some La Bella flats for the G&L and/or the TH-2.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »
My daughter bought me a pair of straplocks and TRIED to buy me bass strings. She didn't look in the bag and the sales guy had put guitar strings in there  :rolleyes: I was also given some cash to put towards finishing my Epi project that is still hanging in the garage. I'm taking that as a hint  ;)
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 11:19:35 AM »
Santa always knows just what to get me!  Guess these are sorta bass related...

This was a long time coming, as I've been using the same old crappy guitar tuner for everything since I was a teenager.  I've been wanting a strobe- not so much for bass, but rather for tuning everything else with some amount of accuracy.  I also need to do a good setup on my 8-string, so this will help.  The Sonic Research tuners are AMAZING for the money!  Much better value than a Petersen IMO, and I got a limited edition model with a beautiful machined aluminum enclosure:

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

Santa also worked some Ebay bid-sniping magic on an old EV PL20 mic, which is quite tasty on a bass cab or the bottom end of the Leslie:

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 11:23:17 AM »
My daughter bought me a pair of straplocks and TRIED to buy me bass strings. She didn't look in the bag and the sales guy had put guitar strings in there  :rolleyes: I was also given some cash to put towards finishing my Epi project that is still hanging in the garage. I'm taking that as a hint  ;)

By Epi project do you mean a certain recently acquired NR T-bird?
Clocks.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
Not yet, Denis. I still need to finish my Epi GothBird remake before I start on the NR. Trust me, the plans are in the works for that one  ;)

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »
Sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on the NR. How do you like those flats on it now that you've had it a while? I would have kept them and put the rounds back on it, but it's not like I could use them on ANYTHING else with those G side tuners!
Clocks.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »
I actually kinda like the flats on this. I'm not used to using flats at all, so it is a nice change. I'm glad you sold this to me  ;D

P.S. This bass deal with Denis was technically an early Christmas present, so we aren't derailing the thread  :)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
I've been wanting a tuner that doesn't require being plugged in.  My lovely youngest daughter got me a Seiko STX-1 clip-on tuner!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »
I actually kinda like the flats on this. I'm not used to using flats at all, so it is a nice change. I'm glad you sold this to me  ;D

P.S. This bass deal with Denis was technically an early Christmas present, so we aren't derailing the thread  :)

Haha, well, Merry Christmas!
Glad you like those flats. Playing it with both I can honestly say I like it with them a lot more. E is window rattling on it!
Clocks.