Author Topic: You can’t hiii-iiide your lyin’ tracks …  (Read 77 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
You can’t hiii-iiide your lyin’ tracks …
« on: May 03, 2024, 03:10:14 PM »
Ouch. The quest for perfection and how it leads men astray …

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: You can’t hiii-iiide your lyin’ tracks …
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 04:16:32 PM »

Posers! I knew it!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 07:14:52 PM »

Now I don't "hate the f***ing Eagles", but the guy (he's called Fil) in the vid builds an elaborate and compelling case that Henley's voice is canned (and if it wasn't, I doubt the vid would still be up without the mighty Eagles swooping down). I don't discount the possibility that Henley only uses it on some nights when he feels his voice isn't up to it and, yes, the Eagles have never been shy to doctor their Live albums in the studio for release, especially the vocals.

I like the way Fil avoids to scandalize the whole thing, it's almost like he regrets having found out, he's not an Eagles or Don Henley hater at all.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 07:41:07 PM by uwe »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 07:36:51 AM »
That's the lame "British guitarist reacts" guy. I won't waste my time listening to anything he has to say.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 09:55:18 AM »
and, yes, the Eagles have never been shy to doctor their Live albums in the studio for release, especially the vocals.

Absolutely. The Hell Freezes Over DVD is doctored to death.
A studio engineer of a studio we once recorded in showed me how Don Henley's vocal has zero bleed from the drums, by disconnecting a few speakers from the 5.1 Dolby system.
It was really funny to see Don basing aways on the drums without hearing anything. Yet his voice was crystal clear. In a real live recording that would have been impossible.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 11:05:04 AM »
That's the lame "British guitarist reacts" guy. I won't waste my time listening to anything he has to say.

You fearsome revolutionary Yankee Doodle, you don't even have to listen to that King-grovelling lame Limey,

just start at 03:07 and listen to a 'live' vocal of Don singing Desperado on the left channel from 2023 and one from another gig in 2024 on the right channel. There is no - zero, keine, zilch, nada, null - difference.

Rob, let's not even talk about the Live album by the Eagles from 1980 about which Glenn Frey once quipped: "It's the only "live" album in rock history where the backing vocals to one and the same live performance were recorded on different coasts weeks apart years later!"

I actually prefer Henley's (real) singing when he is playing drums while doing it - he sits more on the beat with his voice then. But for some reason he got this thing in his head that he had to stand in front with the umpteenth acoustic guitar in the Eagle's line-up - he was always an awkward front man, with none of Frey's Detroit schmooze.

PS: I didn't know you really cared, Rob. About live albums being undoctored. I  mean as a Thin Lizzy fan and all ...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 02:22:59 PM by uwe »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »
You fearsome revolutionary Yankee Doodle, you don't even have to listen to that King-grovelling lame Limey,

just start at 03:07 and listen to a 'live' vocal of Don singing Desperado on the left channel from 2023 and one from another gig in 2024 on the right channel. There is no - zero, keine, zilch, nada, null - difference.

Rob, let's not even talk about the Live album by the Eagles from 1980 about which Glenn Frey once quipped: "It's the only "live" album in rock history where the backing vocals to one and the same live performance were recorded on different coasts weeks apart years later!"

I actually prefer Henley's (real) singing when he is playing drums while doing it - he sits more on the beat with his voice then. But for some reason he got this thing in his head that he had to stand in front with the umpteenth acoustic guitar in the Eagle's line-up - he was always an awkward front man, with none of Frey's Detroit schmooze.

I never listen to the Eagles anyway unless I can't help it, couldn't care less if the King-groveling lame Limey is right or not.