Author Topic: wearing a ring while playing?  (Read 5226 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Re: wearing a ring while playing?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
Can be dangerous...

MAN!!! That is scary!!! I've been wearing mine Non stop for the last 12 years...It's only tight on me when I'm retaining water. LOL!!!!!!

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:41 PM »
You just had to "quote" the post with the picture didn't you!  ;D  That has got to be one of the most horrifying things I've seen - ever!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 05:20:47 AM »
Let me guess, ole Hiero doesn't like the Hellraiser series either ...

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 09:08:41 AM »
Y'know, I have made it a point to avoid those movies.

After Bruce Campbell's Army of Darkness, the next zombie/horror movie I've seen was Zombieland.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »
I have a strong stomach and am not normally grossed out but that photo is frigging harsh!!!

Oh Yeah :o. This one got me too :o. Makes me long for threads about gun control, politics and religion :P
Rick

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Let me guess, ole Hiero doesn't like the Hellraiser series either ...
Nope, I love horror movies - John Carpenter's remake of The Thing shocked me but also hooked me when I was in junior high school - not a huge fan of the Hellraiser series but I can appreciate it as horror - I like the zombie genre - the first 20 minutes of the original Dawn of the Dead being my favorite, because of the atmosphere it sets up. Actually, that's what I like about "good" horror - the atmosphere more than out and out gore. Another of my favorites is Herzog's remake of Nosferatu...

But that picture of the finger is real and it is truly revolting and painful to look at.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
The logical reason the image is a struggle for some is that it is reality; not faked...

I know of someone who saw the original Alien film and within a few days had to do some work on the aircon system of a 747-100, nicknamed the "octopus" (it is just forward of the wheel-wells, centre fuel tank and wing spars, and totally blocks off the front and rear hold areas, so the sequence in Airforce One is a nonsense)...
The airline in question (naming no airlines for legal reasons) was known for having "wildlife" issues and used to ply exotic locations too and from the home country and LHR...
Imagine the final sequence when Ripley is settling Jones the cat and is working around the pipework when something moves that shouldn't orta move...
The engineer in question, working in semi-darkness, had something right in front of his face, black and rounded and shiney, move...
He ran out of the cargo-hold, having wet himself and semi scared witless...
Turned out to be a tropical beetle, stunned by fumigation products and the British winter...
Amazing what the eye can see and how the mind can play games with that vision...

I remember as a little kid, sneaking down the stairs and watching "The Blob" through the banisters - I suffered recurrent nightmares for many years after that...

The ones I like are the ones that make you jump when you least expect it, like the end sequence of Carrie, or the petri-dish in Carpenter's The Thing, or several moments in that original Alien, like the chest-burster...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...