Author Topic: The best Gwyneth news yet  (Read 5636 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: The best Gwyneth news yet
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »
Yeah, that's a real puzzler.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »
No, it's not, he wanted something that smelled exotic to him.

Plus he name-checked it all decades before in one of his Bernie's more famous lyrics:

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the clit
Never knowing where to stick it
When the flood set in

PS: This with all due respect to ole Reg and his buddy Bernie, they have collectively written some great songs - and I thought the biopic Rocket Man much more substantial than the overrated Queen one. Those scenes where "Elton"/Taron Egerton sits in full stage regalia

in an AA type session at Betty Ford (and as he tells his tale his costume falls away one by one - first the feathers) were magnificent in their cinematic poetry.

PPS: All credit to Gwyneth, that candle was a smart move, sold like hot cakes, did no harm to anyone and more importantly she didn't claim it was in any way health-beneficial either. No issues with that. Who said that wax and sex don't mix? Ouch.

PPPS: I'm still a great fan of Honky Chateau, the pinnacle of his work IMHO though there are other very good albums too from around that era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaXnZmAvxJQ&list=OLAK5uy_kvj-2-fGagCwVFyoG4ct34cj4F8Idx86c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POD9Hq0EqXA&list=OLAK5uy_kvj-2-fGagCwVFyoG4ct34cj4F8Idx86c&index=3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:16:01 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2020, 07:48:49 PM »