Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Waterstone basses?  (Read 3756 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have experience with Waterstone basses?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 01:46:13 AM »
10-15 years ago, before I got my Waterstone, the hands-down BEST octave string basses I had ever played were the first-run Dean Rhapsody basses that looked very much like Les Claypool's Carl Thompson. I had tried a couple of mid scale Hamer custom 12'ers and they were just wayy too blah, even price aside. Since I don't use my TP2 that often, it'll likely be my only such bass. That said, I had the opportunity to try a newer production Dean Rhapsody recently just for s's and g's: TOTAL crap. It was cheap in EVERY sense of the word. Considering Carlo's comment in regards to Asian production, I'd say what he proposed is quite likely the truth of this situation too, and as different runs probably come from different factories, quality is going to be all over the map with Waterstone. Here's mine:

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 07:22:04 PM »
Never played one...Not even interested in an Asian 12ver. I ove the old school hamers. Period. Or maybe I will build one. I prefer 8 string basses myself. 12vers seem to get too muddy or too bright. I can play an 8 string on anything and have. Also, I see that Waterstone is blowing out All TP 4,8 and 12vers for 899.00 plus shipping from their site. ?????? Again...No interest. My thoughts.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »
I've played a few old school Hamers. Mine is better; that's why I bought it. It's the first and only bass my wife has every said, "You need to buy that" when she heard me playing it in a store.