Author Topic: Mortgage company steals homeowners belongings  (Read 1183 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Mortgage company steals homeowners belongings
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »
Astonishing story out of Austin here>:(

The c*nt from Field Asset Services who thought it was no big deal ought to be strung up by her heels in public.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Mortgage company steals homeowners belongings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 08:58:52 AM »
Astonishing story out of Austin here>:(

The c*nt from Field Asset Services who thought it was no big deal ought to be strung up by her heels in public.
That would be for starters
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »
I think that the divisive nature of the corporate world (different sections of a company not communicating correctly) was at first unintentional, but then capitalized on as it ensures customers frequently never deal with the same person twice, and it allows companies to essentially "lose" or "misplace" or otherwise profit off of their mistakes.  Several different components, all essentially flawed and at war with each other, promotes several points of possible failure, and reduces the opportunities for and outside observer (especially the customer) from tracking down the single point of failure that screwed them.   It also clouds the issues and allows the company to essentially claim that they are blameless since such actions are simply cleric errors or some such. 

Insurance companies are the worst (maybe best?) at this.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »
since one of the truck drivers returned some of the wedding photos, I think it's fair to say the field assest service empolyees know a bit more than they're saying.  I'd turn the screws on him and see what shakes out.  what's the big deal, indeed.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
Yeah, something fishy is going on.  All the assets were split amongst several Goodwill centers AND the truck driver brought back wedding photos?  Doesn't sound like a normal way to seize assets and regain any sort of lost revenue.
I had a truck repossessed years ago - almost a week after I had made all payments necessary to become current.  One phone call to the bank was all it took.  After being treated like a bad 6-year-old a few weeks earlier, I jumped on that bank manager full force.  He apologized, and said that I could pick my truck up anytime.  I had just started a new job, and was working nights, as well.  I told the guy that I had to take a cab to the first day of one job, and would have to take a train to the second.  He ended up driving the van to me in person.
In the case of this family in Austin, there should have been action taken right after the first phone call.  I hope that EMC Mortgage becomes a quick casualty of the current real estate market.

Anyone got a phone number for them?  Heh-heh...   :mrgreen:
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 07:10:31 PM »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 03:05:59 AM »
"EMC's "One Call Resolution" policy is to take care of our Customers' needs during their first phone call to EMC. Our Call Center Agents are trained to resolve all Customer issues promptly and aim to do so without transferring Customers to other departments."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:32:14 AM »
The family has now filed suit. Good for them! This should prompt a big settlement, because the defendants can't possibly afford to let this go to trial.