Author Topic: Mod collection restock update  (Read 4111 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Mod collection restock update
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2024, 07:09:13 PM »
Ilan, thanks for posting.  Something like that is right up my alley.  I'm always interested in basses like this one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 07:53:51 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2024, 02:15:32 PM »
Remaining stuck in your anal stage
is a terrible thing they say.

PS: Not sure whether I really want to "follow" Gerber's baby carrot food on its "journey", I have a pretty good idea how it will end.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2024, 04:00:31 PM »
Remaining stuck in your anal stage
is a terrible thing they say.

PS: Not sure whether I really want to "follow" Gerber's baby carrot food on its "journey", I have a pretty good idea how it will end.

It's otherwise a cool bass, I like the re=issue pickups a lot, and in a short scale like this I bet they sound really good - That color though, why? They make all these cool guitars and just do this $#!* for bass players.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2024, 07:30:25 PM »

It's otherwise a cool bass, I like the re=issue pickups a lot, and in a short scale like this I bet they sound really good - That color though, why? They make all these cool guitars and just do this $#!* for bass players.

And a tiny fraction of that for left-handed bass players!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2024, 08:26:57 PM »
That was bound to come.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2024, 09:37:30 PM »
That was bound to come.

Something I don't do due to the lack of left-handed basses available. Wait, what?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2024, 09:00:35 AM »
I thought even left-handers, plighted as they are, don’t have a choice between left and right ejaculation. Have I been missing something all these years and is there an ambidextrous secret?

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2024, 09:14:25 AM »
That color though, why? They make all these cool guitars and just do this $#!* for bass players.

The Mod Collection is full of ugly ass refins and a weird fixation on all possible shades of orange. They want $4.6K for this LP Special that looks like Jackson Pollock threw up all over it. Every now and then a really nice finish pops up, but most are not.

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2024, 08:01:39 PM »
Horses for courses - now THAT fin I really like and it reminds me more of an early stage Claude Monet than anything by Pollock. Not that Pollock is bad, chaos never is.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 08:07:24 PM by uwe »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2024, 11:15:20 PM »
The Mod Collection should be called the Misfit Collection. They're all seconds that Gibson decided to mod so they could upcharge instead of discount.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2024, 08:48:33 AM »
Trust Dave for some measured words!  :-*

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2024, 08:54:47 AM »
I thought even left-handers, plighted as they are, don’t have a choice between left and right ejaculation. Have I been missing something all these years and is there an ambidextrous secret?

Well, when I do it left handed, it feels like someone else is doing it - Not a bad thing!  :-*
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2024, 03:03:04 PM »
When I started, I used to switch hands stroke for stroke and only stroked away from my body (a laborious habit I kicked eventually), I mean I had no manual or anything, this was strictly learning by doing! Mom was supportive in the aftermath though, out of nowhere a tissue box appeared on my nightstand. We never talked about it.  ;D

And then that orange thing ... A friend's dad had a paperback with PLAYBOY (or was it PENTHOUSE?) Letters to the Editor, one of them raved how much the writer enjoyed impregnating oranges. Oranges is something you generally have at home, so I gave it a try following instructions painstakingly. Well, what can I say, it's messy and it burns, overrated really. I ate the remnants of the experiment - let nothing go to waste!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 03:30:26 PM by uwe »

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2024, 07:40:31 AM »
When I started, I used to switch hands stroke for stroke and only stroked away from my body (a laborious habit I kicked eventually), I mean I had no manual or anything, this was strictly learning by doing! Mom was supportive in the aftermath though, out of nowhere a tissue box appeared on my nightstand. We never talked about it.  ;D

And then that orange thing ... A friend's dad had a paperback with PLAYBOY (or was it PENTHOUSE?) Letters to the Editor, one of them raved how much the writer enjoyed impregnating oranges. Oranges is something you generally have at home, so I gave it a try following instructions painstakingly. Well, what can I say, it's messy and it burns, overrated really. I ate the remnants of the experiment - let nothing go to waste!

Here I thought I was the twisted one!
  I was weariong Mom's clothes the first time "it" happened - messy, very messy! Wasn't exactly sure what had happened at first, but it sure felt good, couldn't quit after that!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2024, 07:42:50 AM »