Author Topic: Important Christmas performances...  (Read 538 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Important Christmas performances...
« on: December 24, 2020, 10:11:01 AM »
I love this. 12 minutes, multiple versions, even including Muppets!

Watch the whole thing and you'll feel more cheerful.

Merry Christmas to all!!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Important Christmas performances...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »
Here's a bonus... The latest Brian Setzer Christmas Rocks video....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
Merry Christmas all.

I watched my favorite Christmas movie last night which ironically is titled In the Good Old Summertime, based on the story from The Shop Around the Corner and remade as You've Got Mail. Unlike the other two Good Old Summertime revolves around a music store and a violin, and mostly at Christmas time. Here is Judy Garland singing my theme song at a Christmas party in the movie:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »
My all time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. Lovely film, beautifully produced. Watching it is like having an old friend visit, and I san sing along with every number in it. Absolutely fabulous movie, and I'm a big Danny Kaye and Bingle fan.

Also watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix - a very fun movie, and a nice take on Christmas.  Kurt Russell also does a killer Santa blues number in jail. with Stevie Van Zandt on guitar.  Recommended for fun.

My daughters vote for Die Hard as a Christmas movie (a subject of some controversy today) but although I like the movie, I'd just as soon stay with something kindler and gentler on Christmas.