Author Topic: Dimarzio Model One - tech note  (Read 1017 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Dimarzio Model One - tech note
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:12 AM »
I'm still working on the wiring for my EB-0 with two pickups.  The first couple of configurations haven't worked, but I'll get it.

I did learn something which may be helpful, so I'll post it here.

The EB-0 came with a Dimarzio Model one pickup that's more than 20 years old.  It has four wires: Red, Black, White and bare wire.  This is different than the wiring diagrams on Dimarzio's site, which specify Red/Black/White/Green.

I just spoke to the tech folks at Dimarzio; an actual live person answered their 800-number, and transferred me to a tech in seconds!  Impressive!  They confirmed that the bare wire on the old Model One is the same as the Green wire on the new model. 

I was pretty sure of this because the resistance was the same on the red/black and white/bare wire pairs, but it was reassuring to have it confirmed.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: Dimarzio Model One - tech note
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »
I got a very unhelpful call back from an EMG tech the other day and then NO RESPONSE when I emailed him a photo of the preamp as he requested.  Seymour Duncan custom shop was a GOOD experience a few years ago, spoke to the woman who rewound my pup.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
Gotta say Dimarzio was FAST and accurate.  The lady who answered transferred me immediately, and the tech picked up within 10 seconds.  Even better, he knew the exact answer to my question.

I am impressed!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
i recieved excellent service to my questions about my (early) 4 wire model G and again about a DP125 bass pup.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW