Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Muse Inc

(1/5) > >>

Basvarken:
They have some pretty cool looking basses over at Muse Inc

I wonder if they're any good.
And what price they retail for.

Dave W:
Looks to me like a wholesaler from Korea. There's a quotation form that looks like it's for businesses only.

Basvarken:
I did some googling and I found out the brand is called Alden. It's a collaboration between an English guy called Entwistle and a Korean/Chinese factory.

I found this bass from the same brand on a Norwegian website (www.intersalg.no)

PALLADIUM" ARCHTOP SEMI-ACOUSTIC BASS GUITAR Here's a great way to get a feedback free double-bass tone without the expense, bulk or amplification hassles of traditional upright basses. This incredibly versatile F-hole bass produces a huge range of tones from bright and contemporary to dark and jazzy. Ideal for everything from 50's Rock 'n' Roll, '60's pop to folk, world and roots music. Install flatwound strings to produce an extremely convincing upright bass sound! Produces enough acoustic volume for unplugged playing New, boxed with full warranty Archtop semi-acoustic bass guitar Spruce top, maple sides, figured maple back High Gloss Classic Violin brown finish Slim, fast mahogany set neck (not a bolt-on) Rosewood fingerboard with ivoroid binding and pearl position markers 30" Scale length Entwhistle designed retro "toaster top" humbucking pickup in neck position Volume and tone controls Quality sealed diecast tuners with pearloid buttons Clear pickguard Chrome tailpiece Adjustable bridge Width 16" Depth 4" Overall length 44.5" Stunning looks, sound and playabilty

Price: 387 euro

That "double toaster" pickup looks rather interesting!

copacetic:
I'll have to say that is pretty cool looking. Nice combination of fetures and design. Wonder how it sounds and the actual body dimensions.
Yairi in Japan has had several really cool looking basses that had an upright if not slightly too trbly egdy sound but the body dimensions were slightly comical(huge).

PhilT:
Alden have been on eBay for a while. Certainly cheap, especially as they're selling from Germany.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/alden-instrumente__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version