Author Topic: Has anyone ever seen the "Santana Shreds" videos yet? You guys Gotta see this!  (Read 892 times)

Deathshead

• View Profile

Santana Shreds, this clip is such a classic!!!, You can put in "shreds" or look at the related videos, this guy has done alot of these clips.

Deathshead

• View Profile

JimB52

• View Profile
Good stuff.
I'm sure you've all seen this one, but it never fails to make me laugh.
I showed it to my wife once and she said, "Why is that funny? Sounds like every Saturday in my house".
Ouch. She's a mean one.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
My favorite ones are the voice over John Petrucci ones. At least they're funny. Live he isn't fun at all, adored by a load of wannabe guitarists in the front rows ejaculating at every note he plays. Given his undeniable speed that must be a draining experience even for young men.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:32:22 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Kind of what Blackmoore & Al Dimeola used to be in our generation?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Blackmore was never fast for the heck of it and became slower over time - already as early as 1974 around Burn, he looked more for tone than speed. His "shredding" phase was around Made in Japan.

Meola was fast, yes, but I always thought that that was his flamenco influence and flamenco notes are played fast. I never found his melodies hard to follow and he was certainly a lot more accessible than McLaughlin.

I guess you could say that Alvin Lee was fast for the heck of it for a while.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...