Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

My "Phoenix" G&L L2000

<< < (3/4) > >>

uwe:
I find tone development on graphite necks so immediate, you're initially always ahead of the beat if you switch from a wood neck bass! I have a Status Stealth II and its ultra-precise immediacy always throws me off, but you'll never worry again about being audible. The notes seem to rush through the cable at twice the speed. Very mistakes-unforgiving.  :mrgreen:

uwe:
"... with a G string that doesn't sound zingy ..."

An old Stingray affliction especially in my experience.

bassilisk:

--- Quote from: uwe on July 06, 2017, 07:55:41 AM ---I find tone development on graphite necks so immediate, you're initially always ahead of the beat if you switch from a wood neck bass! I have a Status Stealth II and its ultra-precise immediacy always throws me off, but you'll never worry again about being audible. The notes seem to rush through the cable at twice the speed. Very mistakes-unforgiving.  :mrgreen:

--- End quote ---

This tone development is a fact. I had the bass at one of my regular gigs 2 weeks ago. A good friend was there who has seen us many times and is always good for some valuable feedback regarding my playing/sound. Though not a player himself he's got a good ear. His first comment was exactly that - the bass was very immediate, clear and prominent in presentation, and it was not a function of volume. He said it really punched through the mix, but wasn't overpowering the other players.

In other words, it had Ooomph!! I really like that!!! :mrgreen: 8)

--- Quote from: uwe on July 06, 2017, 08:00:03 AM ---"... with a G string that doesn't sound zingy ..."
An old Stingray affliction especially in my experience.
--- End quote ---

Indeed! That drives me crazy. Not uncommon on many Jazz basses either.

I'm going to re-include some pics - the ones I had here were lost when the free site I was using shut down. Now it's Imgur.

Rob:
Sweet!

Dave W:
If you PM me with the image links, I can re-insert them into your original post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version