Author Topic: At last, 2015 V-Bass photos  (Read 14448 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: At last, 2015 V-Bass photos
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
Ignore this post - it was all messed up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:12:25 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
Our complaints are nothing compared to the complaints about the 2015 guitar line. Besides the +/- 30% price increases, there's the wider necks, zero fret nut, G Force tuner standard (apparently your warranty is void if you replace it with standard tuners), and the "Leo Paul 100" squiggle signature.

But if they don't sell, whether it's due to price or unpopular features, you can count on Henry making adjustments . He's not going to ride a train downhill to a crash.

On another forum, a former employee who still has contacts who work there quoted one of his contacts as saying Gibson USA only hit 30% of its sales goals for April.  If that's true, changes will come.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »
Has the interesting combination of 35'' scale neck and 34'' scale fingerboard.  :rolleyes: :mrgreen: :bored:

What a hot mess!  Says that it has a mahogany back too?  Images clearly show the back "wings" are capped maple.  Also it claims that the body is chambered?  Where?  The lower bout is taken up with the electronics cavity and battery while the top bout is heavily relieved for the tummy cut?  Also, you have to love Gibson's laziness by using the Tbird's headstock CNC profile  :rolleyes:

Don't you understand? Features like these are what makes this so unique, and well worth the price.  :mrgreen:

neepheid

• View Profile
    • The Inevitable Teaspoons
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 02:31:40 PM »
Umm, if I want a modern looking Gibson bass I'd rather buy an Epiphone Toby Deluxe 4 and stick a better preamp in it.  And not because it's like a twentieth of the price (although that helps).  Sorry folks, it's not my cup o tea.
Basses: Epi JC Sig 20th Anniversary - Epi Les Paul Standard - Epi Korina Explorer - G&L CLF L-1000 - G&L Tribute LB-100 - Sire D5 - Reverend Triad - Harley Benton HB-50
Band: The Inevitable Teaspoons

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 03:08:14 PM »
I think I've got it... it's a typo, and they screwed up the launch date... should have been next Friday (8th May) and been called the VE bass; not for Victory in Europe but Very Expensive from Gibson...! :vader:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »
Maybe it's an expensive follow up to the Gibson IV.............

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »

1 of each please!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
No idea why. They should have called it a U&I Bass, because U and I can't afford it.

Around here, it's a "U" and "we" bass...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »
Might be the one person round here that will end up with one...

Maybe we could suggest counselling for his obsession... and maybe for Henry's marketing department...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 04:38:49 AM »
Gibson is the perfect example of marketing idiots running a company and employing the philosophy that more is always better and worth the ridiculous prices.  They need guitar players feeding the designing and outfitting their guitars/basses.  Do they really think everyone wants a self-parking car and self-tuning guitars?  Can't wait for the self-wiping toilet!!!!  What morons!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 09:10:00 AM »
You guys sound like these two.

To me it doesn't look like a bad bass at all. More like a boutique version of the EB.
Gibson has a reputation to live up to when it comes to giving their products silly names. It has become something of a tradition  :mrgreen:
BTW: In my opinion the EB is the best bass that Gibson has released in years.

Of course the price is way too high. But that will even out in a few months time, when they will pop on Ebay for about half...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 09:39:19 AM »

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that. 
 ;D
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
You guys sound like these two.

To me it doesn't look like a bad bass at all. More like a boutique version of the EB.
Gibson has a reputation to live up to when it comes to giving their products silly names. It has become something of a tradition  :mrgreen:

Of course the price is way too high. But that will even out in a few months time, when they will pop on Ebay for about half...

Well, if I remind you of the old geezers, I'm proud to be one who knows stupidity when I see it and isn't afraid to say so!   ;D  The problem is more than price and more than just their basses.  The entire line up is becoming a bit of a mess.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:46:49 AM by drbassman »
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 10:09:50 AM »
Looks like a very well built Japanese bass from the late seventies / early eighties.
  :popcorn:

With a bit of Alembic in it, yeah. 
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 11:31:29 AM »

But that series had a 5er, the Gibson V. And the Flying V.

And there was supposed to be a 5-string version of this new one.

You're right. If they don't move, you'll see some store buy up the remaining stock and sell them at a steep discount, like they did with the Monkey bass and that maple/mahogany sandwiched SG Supreme.

Either it will sell well enough for them, or market corrections will happen.