Author Topic: 40 Years ago  (Read 3770 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: 40 Years ago
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 08:07:17 AM »
Yup, they were a classic combo and reputed to play on a lot of Bob Ezrin produced stuff, even when the original Alice Cooper Band still existed.

And I believe also on the early Aerosmith albums.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 08:08:27 AM »

Part of this that while I'd certainly heard pop and rock music before seeing Alice Cooper, that show was the beginnings of my desire to play music..........Kind of my "Beatles" moment. It strirred up a lot things, including the girlie stuff, the whole idea of dressing so outrageously in big boots, women's clothing, makeup etc..........There was whatever came before - Then Alice  ;)
 I'd have to say I like Billion Dollar Babies best, with Killer and Love it to Death, without Buxton, Bruce Dunaway and Smith he really lost something.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
I'd be hard pressed to pick a fave out of those ACG LPs, excluding the two pre Ezrin ones, which are eccentric at best, including some prototype songs, like "Reflected"...
I have to include Nightmare in that mix though, probably as I saw the tour - Uwe mentioned the Reed band, which was essentially his band for that tour (Hunter/Wagner/Prakash John - bass/Penti Glan - Drums/ Josef Chirowski - keys)
Wagner started "guesting" from Schools out era...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
Wasn't that the band with Nitzinger, Pinera and some other guitar hero semi-god? Dick Wagner, right. I saw those a year later at Cobo Hall, Deeeeetroit.

Sounds right. The next year I saw him in the same venue on the Special Forces tour (probably the tour you saw). I've seen Alice a number of times and his bands usually reflect the era in which he's playing to differing degrees of success, but I agree. As an Alice fan, the original band couldn't be beat.