Author Topic: Incoming BaCH TH-1  (Read 5140 times)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: Incoming BaCH TH-1
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »
This was Gary's, now mine. Correct control locations, vintage style reflector knobs, Filled horn strap button hole, repainted headstock, Gibson decal TRC, 'Bird decal and repro finger rest on stock P/G

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
This was Gary's, now mine. Correct control locations, vintage style reflector knobs, Filled horn strap button hole, repainted headstock, Gibson decal TRC, 'Bird decal and repro finger rest on stock P/G

That's one of the most beautiful basses I've ever seen.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »
The only reason I sold it was because I got the Embassy back.  It was a beautiful bass, and it played and sounded great.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »

I was on BaCH's site the other day and notice they list now a lot of flavors of the TH basses. Some even have belly cuts and arm cuts. I suppose they never sold as many as they thought they would?

The arm cut is one of the reasons why that series doesn't get sold. Non Reverse Thunderbirds are mostly sought after by Gibson freaks. And they know perfectly well that Gibson Thunderbirds did not feature an arm cut.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 05:52:59 AM »
Finally home from my trip to Iowa and opened the package up. The blue looks better to me in person, not SO bright. Looks fantastic! Thanks, John!

The invoice from BaCH was still in the case (which is very cool and very huge) and I'd forgotten how inexpensive those basses were! Just after I joined LBO I bought the last black one and by then they were a little more expensive. It makes me wonder just how much money BaCH made on each one.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »
Yea, I thought you might appreciate the original invoice. The shipping cost on that one was about half of what everyone else paid. Roman at BaCH held to the quoted shipping cost even after he discovered that carrier he had been using wouldn't ship that large of an item to America. When I bought the TH-2 in the case the shipping cost alone was $186.

And I would keep it 100% original, it probably is the only one that still is.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »
I've decided to put off making any changes of any kind to this bass. That wasn't my intention when I bought it but it might be worth leaving it as is. Sure is pretty and that case is a knockout. I can believe it cost $186 to ship that sucker to the US from the Czech Republic...
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »
I've decided to put off making any changes of any kind to this bass. That wasn't my intention when I bought it but it might be worth leaving it as is. Sure is pretty and that case is a knockout. I can believe it cost $186 to ship that sucker to the US from the Czech Republic...

When I got mine, the shipping was about $110.  The kicker was the $45 wire transfer cost, since Roman wasn't able to accept payment from the USA in any other form at the time.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty