Author Topic: An odd week... lows and highs...  (Read 674 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
An odd week... lows and highs...
« on: August 16, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
My week on call so I was bounced around all over the place so I thought I'd post some pics from my travels... this has been a strained week, with highs and lows...

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the Midlands of England, I came across this rather overgrown phone-box; I had to turn back and snap it; the sign (coins not accepted here) made it more ridiculous... it is on a main road...

I had to visit a rather out-of-the-way site one evening and stumbled across this memorial; probably one of the oddest I have ever seen; I must presume that the crashed plane, symbolising the 141 fallen who served at RAF Bradwell Bay, which had operated from 1941-46, depicts a Mosquito, of which this was one of the types which operated from there... in the background is a defunct nuclear power station...

I put another one of these shots elsewhere, re Scotts T'bird mods and someones else suggesting "colours" of sound, as this would suit Uwe... the hoarding has been up some years, but I keep on not having the time to stop and get a decent shot... still haven't...

A very nice Frenchman in a very nice Volvo 40-footer decided to drift into the side of my very nice new Mercedes van, and took a very nice chunk of steel out of the side of my wheel arch with his  very nice hub cap... he broke an indicator light and twisted his hub cap; the van will require a new door and rear quarter... I was stationary in a traffic jam... that was a low-point for the week...

The band played our 3rd gig last night, for the guitarist's 50th birthday; went well and we played a few of his older songs, finished the set with a cover of Lido Shuffle... played the whole set on the fretless RD...   8)
This marked the last gig for our keys player, who flies out to Kiwi-land at 2215 UK time on a one way ticket with his family; hopefully a good move... good-luck Louis and co...
Gonna be tough to replace him so with a possible hiatus, and with me being off this week to spend some time with my family and finish the shed, it is time to commence work on the Peter Cook rebuild...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:26:48 PM by Kenny Five-O »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: An odd week... lows and highs...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
Vicissitudes of life. Hang in there!

Interesting read.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »
Tough week. The accident can be repaired, replacing a good keys player may take much longer.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:39:40 AM »
Too right Gents... small company with a new fleet (still under 10K) and glad I was not the first to have any damage... still driveable, so...

First time round we had lady-keys (a lovely Welsh girl called Melonie, now a boxing writer with 2 books under her belt!) but Louis was a pro with recordings released and his own studio, which is now in a container in Auckland...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...